Inspiron E1505 - How will gaming be?

Hi there,
I just ordered a inspiron notebook because my one i currently have only has a radeon IGP 7000 which pretty much sucks.

Specs-
Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5600 (2MB/1.83GHz/667MHz)
15.4 Inch TrueLife Wide-screenWXGA (1280x800)
2GB, DDR2, 533MHz
256MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1400 HyperMemory
100GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
8X DVD+/-RW Drive
53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Just wondering what frame rates to expect out of this baby.. I was wanting to play WOW and Counterstrike source mostly. Maybe mixing it up with some cod,farcray,bf2 and ut2k4 also.

Also anyone know if the Restore/Driver cd has ALL drivers on there for individual install? Because i read on forums that the notebook comes with the vista OEM cd and then a restore cd also. So basicly i wanted a clean install without dell applications.

Another question is are ati moblity drivers different then normal ati drivers for desktops? I have some OMEGA drivers in mind thats why.

Thanks for all the help!
-mike
1 answer Last reply
More about inspiron e1505 gaming
  1. WOW and CS you'll have no problem with. I've played COD2 on my computer that uses an X300 and get around 30 FPS so expect a little better (of course you can change it from DX9 to DX7 and get a better frame rate). I'm not sure about the other games. The only way to find out is to try them. I wouldn't expect a whole lot though.
Ask a new question

Read More

Inspiron Laptops