Sign in with
Your question

best solution for video

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 30, 2004 4:12:11 AM

hello, i am working in some hi-tech company and would like to know - we are searching for the best solution for displaying video - it can be lcd, tft or even thin crt.
what kind of monitor is the best for this and what's the specs we should check out. thanks!

More about : solution video

December 30, 2004 5:24:42 AM

For high quality color display you can't go wrong with a crt, such as the sony artisan color reference screen. But you will probably be wanting to show your videos on a large screen and the easiest way to do that is w/ a big lcd or plasma screen. I hate advocating apple stuff but the cinema displays they offer might be just what you need. Those things are damned expensive though, just like everything else apple.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>
December 30, 2004 1:31:12 PM

i didn't mention that i am looking for a display for working on video or actually for Interpreting video so the monitor should be around 20 inchs. i am looking for the right monitor for viewing 640X480 video image.
Related resources
December 30, 2004 1:55:41 PM

Actually, I think the images from an good LCD are much better looking than CRT's.

Latency of 16ms and lower, ghosting is not noticable.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
January 1, 2005 6:14:57 PM

CRTs are better and dont have to worry about native resolution. At my company, the graphic artists use CRTs.
We dont have room issues.

Preformance/price wise, CRTs much better. I cant wait for the the thin CRTs to come out.

the Prisoner

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad: 
January 3, 2005 10:30:27 PM

What "thin CRTs"?

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than have to have a frontal lobotomy."
January 5, 2005 7:54:38 PM

Well, I beleive IBM was researching them a few years ago. With LCDs getting so popular the tech may not being done anymore. CRTs that were a few inches thick.

If I can find the link I will post it, I posted it here awhile ago.

the Prisoner

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad: 
January 5, 2005 10:29:28 PM

you mean like an LCD rear projection TV Prehaps.

<b><A HREF="http://www.digitalgunfire.com" target="_new">DigitalGunfire-Industrial EBM</A></b>
ASUS P4S8X-P4 2.4B - 2x512M DDR333 - ATI 9500Pro - WD80G HD(8M) - SAMSUNG SV0844D 8G HD - LG 16X DVD - Yamaha F1 CDRW
January 6, 2005 2:28:55 AM

Thin CRT's are exactly what you would think they are: CRT's that are thin (about 1/2 as deep as a standard CRT). Basically, its all the benefits of a CRT packed into a slimmer case to compete with LCD. Samsung is gearing up for likely release within a couple of months (http://www.insightmedia.info/news/SamsungSDI.htm). You can Google "thin crt" for more info.
!