Remove the "A Network Cable is unplugged" in System tray?

I have a Network card in the machine that I am not ready to configure. I
will at some point but not right now. I'd like to remove the nag in the
System Tray telling me "A Network Cable is Unplugged." I know it is and
that is what I want. I tried to go into Network connections looking to
uncheck a checkbox to get rid of it but the box that is there to show
Connection when connected is unchecked. How do I remove this nag in the
System Tray? I'd like not change any of the hardware. Thanks.

--
George Hester
_______________________________

    If you're not using it you can disable the hardware.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    George Hester wrote:
    >> I have a Network card in the machine that I am not ready to
    >> configure. I will at some point but not right now. I'd like to
    >> remove the nag in the System Tray telling me "A Network Cable is
    >> Unplugged." I know it is and that is what I want. I tried to go
    >> into Network connections looking to uncheck a checkbox to get rid of
    >> it but the box that is there to show Connection when connected is
    >> unchecked. How do I remove this nag in the System Tray? I'd like
    >> not change any of the hardware. Thanks.
    >>
    >> --
    >> George Hester
    >> _______________________________

    If your Control Panel is in Classic view:

    Start > Control Panel > Network Conections > right-click on the appropriate
    icon for device > select Disable

    If your Control Panel is in Category view:

    Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections > Network
    Conections > right-click on the appropriate icon for device > select Disable

    OK thanks Stephen. What is a Network Bridge and how is it useful?

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________

    George Hester wrote:
    >> OK thanks Stephen. What is a Network Bridge and how is it useful?

    Windows XP Home Networking: Building Network Bridges
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02april22.mspx

    select disable.

    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Network card in the machine that I am not ready to configure. I
    > will at some point but not right now. I'd like to remove the nag in the
    > System Tray telling me "A Network Cable is Unplugged." I know it is and
    > that is what I want. I tried to go into Network connections looking to
    > uncheck a checkbox to get rid of it but the box that is there to show
    > Connection when connected is unchecked. How do I remove this nag in the
    > System Tray? I'd like not change any of the hardware. Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > George Hester

Network Card Cable Windows XP