Hi Folks.

This problem has been discussed before and several solutions offered but
i have been unable to relocate the item.

Several of the original icons on my desktop giving me access to
particular sites have been replaced with the IE icon. How can I restore the
originals and where can I find them? I seem to remember reading that they
woul be in my Temporary Internet Files but cannot see them.

One person recommended downloading a particular utility but when I tried
this it failed as it came up as a corrupt file.

I am very new to this lark so please be gentle.

Living in Hope
Gordon

Hi,

To save icons of your favourite internet site:

FavOrg-restore and save favourite icons (lilne 108, right column)

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
http://www.mvps.org

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Gord" <Gord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks.
>
> This problem has been discussed before and several solutions offered but
> i have been unable to relocate the item.
>
> Several of the original icons on my desktop giving me access to
> particular sites have been replaced with the IE icon. How can I restore the
> originals and where can I find them? I seem to remember reading that they
> woul be in my Temporary Internet Files but cannot see them.
>
> One person recommended downloading a particular utility but when I tried
> this it failed as it came up as a corrupt file.
>
> I am very new to this lark so please be gentle.
>
> Living in Hope
> Gordon

Thank you

Hi Anando

Problem not yet resolved but am working on it. I Cannot dowload
"FavOrg-restore and save favourite icons (line 108, right column).". I am
consulting my local "PC expert"for advice and will keep you posted

"Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To save icons of your favourite internet site:
>
> FavOrg-restore and save favourite icons (lilne 108, right column)

> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> In memory of Alex Nichol
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Gord" <Gord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Folks.
> >
> > This problem has been discussed before and several solutions offered but
> > i have been unable to relocate the item.
> >
> > Several of the original icons on my desktop giving me access to
> > particular sites have been replaced with the IE icon. How can I restore the
> > originals and where can I find them? I seem to remember reading that they
> > woul be in my Temporary Internet Files but cannot see them.
> >
> > One person recommended downloading a particular utility but when I tried
> > this it failed as it came up as a corrupt file.
> >
> > I am very new to this lark so please be gentle.
> >
> > Living in Hope
> > Gordon

The link is working fine here. Good luck !

--

> Thank you
>
> Hi Anando
>
> Problem not yet resolved but am working on it. I Cannot dowload
> "FavOrg-restore and save favourite icons (line 108, right column).". I am
> consulting my local "PC expert"for advice and will keep you posted
>
> "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> To save icons of your favourite internet site:
>>
>> FavOrg-restore and save favourite icons (lilne 108, right column)
>>

>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>
>> In memory of Alex Nichol
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
>>
>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "Gord" <Gord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Folks.
>> >
>> > This problem has been discussed before and several solutions offered but
>> > i have been unable to relocate the item.
>> >
>> > Several of the original icons on my desktop giving me access to
>> > particular sites have been replaced with the IE icon. How can I restore the
>> > originals and where can I find them? I seem to remember reading that they
>> > woul be in my Temporary Internet Files but cannot see them.
>> >
>> > One person recommended downloading a particular utility but when I tried
>> > this it failed as it came up as a corrupt file.
>> >
>> > I am very new to this lark so please be gentle.
>> >
>> > Living in Hope
>> > Gordon

OK -Will persevere and thanks again.
Gordfon

"Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> The link is working fine here. Good luck !
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> In memory of Alex Nichol
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Gord" <Gord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you
> >
> > Hi Anando
> >
> > Problem not yet resolved but am working on it. I Cannot dowload
> > "FavOrg-restore and save favourite icons (line 108, right column).". I am
> > consulting my local "PC expert"for advice and will keep you posted
> >
> > "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> To save icons of your favourite internet site:
> >>
> >> FavOrg-restore and save favourite icons (lilne 108, right column)
> >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> Anando
> >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User