Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

I recently removed Norton SystemWorks from my system and was forced to
resort to some drastic registry deletions in order to complete rid
SystemWorks. The system seems stable enough except for this one
problem: whenever I boot I get three separate notifications that
msiexec.exe is attempting to install MSRedist. I can see the
commandline using Winternals procexp.exe which is:
msiexec.exe -Embedding xxxxxx where xxxxx is 32 alphanumeric
characters. each of the latter is different for each of the three
processes. The specific error message is "This MSI must be launched
through Setup." Clicking "OK" at each error message clears up and the
system is apparently running normally.

Any ideas on how to clear this up?

Thanks in advance,

Don

Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixe­s.htm#Installation

regards,
ssg MS-MVP