New quests?

There's a guy in the blacksmith's at Umbra on Europa giving out quests.
He first gave me one to kill a hydra but I couldn't find it. I quit that and
got one to kill a bunch of elves and cut off their ears but now I can't find
these guys either.
Can anyone help me?

"The Unbound" Wrote:

> There's a guy in the blacksmith's at Umbra on Europa giving out quests.
> He first gave me one to kill a hydra but I couldn't find it. I quit that
> and got one to kill a bunch of elves and cut off their ears but now I
> can't find these guys either.
> Can anyone help me?

Okay, it turns out that those aren't the quests I want. I'm now trying to do
the elf quest from the guy in the Lycaeum.
The only problem is as usual he gives NO information of any use.
Anyone wiser?

archeon

"The Unbound" <non@valid.email> wrote in message
> There's a guy in the blacksmith's at Umbra on Europa giving out quests.
> He first gave me one to kill a hydra but I couldn't find it. I quit that
> and got one to kill a bunch of elves and cut off their ears but now I
> can't find these guys either.
> Can anyone help me?

If you go back and talk to the guy again, he does seem to give vague hints.
I'm doing the tree-dungeon one atm, and his help is fairly sensible if
basic.

I'm hoping that the quests will be intuitive, as I don't want to refer to a
guide to complete them. The ones I've seen so far may take a while without
help :)

> "The Unbound" Wrote:
> Okay, it turns out that those aren't the quests I want. I'm now trying to
> do the elf quest from the guy in the Lycaeum.
> The only problem is as usual he gives NO information of any use.
> Anyone wiser?
The elf one takes a while, but it's fairly basic.
Start with the guy you found, then do these, in no particular order:

Find a yellow pixie near the Spirituality gate in Ilshnar. She will tell you
to find 3 baubles. They're usually hidden behind trees, rocks, etc.

Find a great hart called Bravehorn about 8-10 screens south of the hedge
maze, and escort him to the small lake near the hedge maze.

Find a Treefellow named Strongroot wandering around south east of Shame.
Then head up to a spot at 54'40N 39'52W - near the Yew graveyard - and grab
the green bottle that you find there, and take it back to him.

Northeast of the Chaos shrine is the Huntsman - a centaur. Kill a bunch of
timber wolves while he's on the screen.

Enigma the Sphinx is South-ish of the Compassion shrine. Give him a jug of
water.

Maul the bear is west of Wrong dungeon, on the outcrop of land. He wants 20
raw fishsteaks.

Then head back to where you started, and turn into an elf. For some reason
you have to do this fairly quickly, or you get a 'try again later' message.

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 07:19:20 GMT, Alergic Alchemist scrawled:

> The elf one takes a while, but it's fairly basic.
> Start with the guy you found, then do these, in no particular order:

Annoying that the human one is so much more difficult, and not doable by a
crafter alone (which is irritating as it is a crafter that is more likely to
benefit from it).

The npc that you visit to start the quest is always too 'busy' to talk to
you, but it still triggers the quest - only without the explanation.

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

"Alergic Alchemist" Wrote:

> The elf one takes a while, but it's fairly basic.
> Start with the guy you found, then do these, in no particular order:
>
> <snipped for space>

Thanks!
The bear one should be a doddle. I picked up around 9000 raw fishsteaks when
a house collapsed a while ago.