Pre-order

This really ticks me off. The pre-order for the horse ended on the
30th but I JUST got electricity back on from the hurricane. Anyone know
where I can email to ask???
--

"Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
clueless gets you committed..." - JG

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 23:27:23 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

> This really ticks me off. The pre-order for the horse ended on the
>30th but I JUST got electricity back on from the hurricane. Anyone know
>where I can email to ask???

I think making a post on UOSS ought to do it. Not sure if they'll be able
to help though. The corporate machinery of EA might be too heavy for a
hurricane to move.
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 23:27:23 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

> This really ticks me off. The pre-order for the horse ended on the
>30th but I JUST got electricity back on from the hurricane. Anyone know
>where I can email to ask???

They might point out that the offer has been out there for a couple of
weeks BEFORE Katrina.
--
"For all your days prepare,
And meet them ever alike:

- Edwin Markham

OrionCA wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 23:27:23 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>

>> This really ticks me off. The pre-order for the horse ended on the
>>30th but I JUST got electricity back on from the hurricane. Anyone know
>>where I can email to ask???
>

> They might point out that the offer has been out there for a couple of
> weeks BEFORE Katrina.
> --
> "For all your days prepare,
> And meet them ever alike:
> When you are the anvil, bear--
> When you are the hammer, Strike."
>
> - Edwin Markham

At which point I will point out that the email in my posession is
dated 8-29.

--

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 23:27:23 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>

>> This really ticks me off. The pre-order for the horse ended on the
>>30th but I JUST got electricity back on from the hurricane. Anyone know
>>where I can email to ask???
>

> I think making a post on UOSS ought to do it. Not sure if they'll be able
> to help though. The corporate machinery of EA might be too heavy for a
> hurricane to move.

what's UOAA?? There was an email address I sent to when I didn't get my

--

"Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
clueless gets you committed..." - JG

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:01:09 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>OrionCA wrote:
>> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 23:27:23 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
>> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>>

>>> This really ticks me off. The pre-order for the horse ended on the
>>>30th but I JUST got electricity back on from the hurricane. Anyone know
>>>where I can email to ask???
>>

>> They might point out that the offer has been out there for a couple of
>> weeks BEFORE Katrina.
>> --
>> "For all your days prepare,
>> And meet them ever alike:
>> When you are the anvil, bear--
>> When you are the hammer, Strike."
>>
>> - Edwin Markham
>

> At which point I will point out that the email in my posession is
>dated 8-29.

I don't understand: Does that email tell you about the promotion or
does it confirm your upgrade and provide a game code?

You enter the game code in-game and the charger appears in your pack.
I just claimed mine a minute ago.
--
Curmudgeon: someone so down on the world that he won't
donate old clothes because one day he might be mungged

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:05:11 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Michael Cecil wrote:
>> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 23:27:23 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
>> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>>

>>> This really ticks me off. The pre-order for the horse ended on the
>>>30th but I JUST got electricity back on from the hurricane. Anyone know
>>>where I can email to ask???
>>

>> I think making a post on UOSS ought to do it. Not sure if they'll be able
>> to help though. The corporate machinery of EA might be too heavy for a
>> hurricane to move.
>
> what's UOAA?? There was an email address I sent to when I didn't get my

UO Stratics forum.
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:01:09 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

> At which point I will point out that the email in my posession is
>dated 8-29.

If you pre-ordered, then it doesn't matter when you upgrade. In fact,
today is really the first full day since it's just now that you can redeem
your code in the game for the Charger of the Phallic, er, Fallen.
--

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:01:09 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>

>> At which point I will point out that the email in my posession is
>>dated 8-29.
>

> If you pre-ordered, then it doesn't matter when you upgrade. In fact,
> today is really the first full day since it's just now that you can redeem
> your code in the game for the Charger of the Phallic, er, Fallen.

I havn't pre-ordered yet. I didn't get the email until late night on
the first.

--

OrionCA wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:01:09 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>

>>OrionCA wrote:

>>>They might point out that the offer has been out there for a couple of
>>>weeks BEFORE Katrina.
>>>--
>>>"For all your days prepare,
>>> And meet them ever alike:
>>> When you are the anvil, bear--
>>> When you are the hammer, Strike."
>>>
>>>- Edwin Markham
>>

>> At which point I will point out that the email in my posession is
>>dated 8-29.
>

> I don't understand: Does that email tell you about the promotion or
> does it confirm your upgrade and provide a game code?

It's an email telling me to pre-order NOW! Except that it was sent
on Monday, recieved on Thursday night.

--

"Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
clueless gets you committed..." - JG

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:59:21 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Michael Cecil wrote:
>> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:01:09 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
>> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>>

>>> At which point I will point out that the email in my posession is
>>>dated 8-29.
>>

>> If you pre-ordered, then it doesn't matter when you upgrade. In fact,
>> today is really the first full day since it's just now that you can redeem
>> your code in the game for the Charger of the Phallic, er, Fallen.
>

> I havn't pre-ordered yet. I didn't get the email until late night on
>the first.

Oh. Why did you wait for an email? I've never gotten any promo emails.
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:00:39 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>> I don't understand: Does that email tell you about the promotion or
>> does it confirm your upgrade and provide a game code?
>>

> It's an email telling me to pre-order NOW! Except that it was sent
>on Monday, recieved on Thursday night.

Oh. Well, the opening message screen had been saying that for over a
week.
--

OrionCA wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:00:39 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>

>>>I don't understand: Does that email tell you about the promotion or
>>>does it confirm your upgrade and provide a game code?
>>>

>> It's an email telling me to pre-order NOW! Except that it was sent
>>on Monday, recieved on Thursday night.
>

> Oh. Well, the opening message screen had been saying that for over a
> week.

For an entire month I was studying during every second of spare time,
until Sat. when I found out the test I was schedualed to take on Mon.
was cancelled.

--

OrionCA wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:00:39 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>

>>>I don't understand: Does that email tell you about the promotion or
>>>does it confirm your upgrade and provide a game code?
>>>

>> It's an email telling me to pre-order NOW! Except that it was sent
>>on Monday, recieved on Thursday night.
>

> Oh. Well, the opening message screen had been saying that for over a
> week.

Using Mozilla I just get ~'Operation canceled' for my opening screen.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. Haven't found the pattern yet,
something like it loads right when UO needs to patch up.

Little woman has had her share of problems too: Can't patch and the
newest CD version I have is 7AE => probably 20 hours of patching to get
it to run again. This would be about the 10th time I have to reinstall
it on her computer. I'm not saying it is OSI's fault, but you'd think
after 8 years they would get just a smidgen of debugging code into their
patcher that would give them a clue as to what error they were getting.

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 16:33:15 GMT, Rick Cortese
<ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Using Mozilla I just get ~'Operation canceled' for my opening screen.
>Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. Haven't found the pattern yet,
>something like it loads right when UO needs to patch up.
>

>Little woman has had her share of problems too: Can't patch and the
>newest CD version I have is 7AE => probably 20 hours of patching to get
>it to run again. This would be about the 10th time I have to reinstall
>it on her computer. I'm not saying it is OSI's fault, but you'd think
>after 8 years they would get just a smidgen of debugging code into their
>patcher that would give them a clue as to what error they were getting.

As I recall they hired a contractor to write the opening screen a
couple of years back. They probably assumed everyone was using IE
and QA'd accordingly. Of course, MicroSludge only kinda-sorta
followed the HTML conventions so it's probably something non-standard
in IE that they coded to.
--
Curmudgeon: Someone so down on the world that he won't
donate old clothes because one day he might be mugged

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 11:55:40 -0700, OrionCA <OrionCA@earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 16:33:15 GMT, Rick Cortese
><ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>Using Mozilla I just get ~'Operation canceled' for my opening screen.
>>Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. Haven't found the pattern yet,
>>something like it loads right when UO needs to patch up.
>>

>>Little woman has had her share of problems too: Can't patch and the
>>newest CD version I have is 7AE => probably 20 hours of patching to get
>>it to run again. This would be about the 10th time I have to reinstall
>>it on her computer. I'm not saying it is OSI's fault, but you'd think
>>after 8 years they would get just a smidgen of debugging code into their
>>patcher that would give them a clue as to what error they were getting.
>
>As I recall they hired a contractor to write the opening screen a
>couple of years back. They probably assumed everyone was using IE
>and QA'd accordingly. Of course, MicroSludge only kinda-sorta
>followed the HTML conventions so it's probably something non-standard
>in IE that they coded to.

I don't have any IE on my UO machine and it works for me, so I'd guess
that it's probably a firewall or DNS problem. I know that I had to fiddle
with my fw to let it show the motd when they changed to the webpage
format.
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

TRENDING THREADS