Annoying Human quest

Starting it doesn't work properly (Nedrick says he's too busy, but it
still triggers the toggle that makes the relevant npcs give you the
quests).

I think it sets them all up, so if you do them io the wrong order, you
still get the quests, but they keep offering them until you've done the
previous quest (if you see what I mean).

I assumed that going to the guy in vesper (for the crate delivery) was
first, so I did that, then struggled to get 10 power crystals for the one
in bucs den. I then did the fire/ice quest, and also the escort - but that
ended with a bag of trinkets, rather than the humanity reward.

Now the guy in bucs den is asking for *more* power crystals, which makes
me realise that you have to do them in a specific order, otherwise you end
up doing each one more than once. Now I have to find more power crystals
(I think) which is a nightmare.

How a crafter is supposed to do this quest, is beyond me. You have to kill
5 efreets and 5 ice fiends (in fire and ice dungeons respectively).

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

On 2 Sep 2005 08:55:29 GMT, Rexx Magnus <trashcan@uk2.net> wrote:

>How a crafter is supposed to do this quest, is beyond me. You have to kill
>5 efreets and 5 ice fiends (in fire and ice dungeons respectively).

Golems drop them in Wrong, IIRC.
--
"For all your days prepare,
And meet them ever alike:

- Edwin Markham

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 08:55:29 GMT, Rexx Magnus scrawled:

> Starting it doesn't work properly (Nedrick says he's too busy, but it
> still triggers the toggle that makes the relevant npcs give you the
> quests).

Which is, of course, no wonder. All human characters get the traits when
you upgrade, the skills simply don't show. UOAssist doesn't reflect the
full strength capacity, but the stats pane does.

I'd made the assumption that you had to do the quest to 'reclaim your
human heritage' - as mentioned in the blurb, but evidently that only
applies to those wishing to switch to human from elf.

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 15:25:36 GMT, OrionCA scrawled:

> On 2 Sep 2005 08:55:29 GMT, Rexx Magnus <trashcan@uk2.net> wrote:
>
>>How a crafter is supposed to do this quest, is beyond me. You have to kill
>>5 efreets and 5 ice fiends (in fire and ice dungeons respectively).
>
> Golems drop them in Wrong, IIRC.

Aye, not often though. Overseers have them 100% of the time, but they're a
bit tougher (both are a pain in the arse for tamers, either way).

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

Rexx Magnus wrote:

> Aye, not often though. Overseers have them 100% of the time, but they're a
> bit tougher (both are a pain in the arse for tamers, either way).

I was sniffing around on your web site and those are some nice
pictures, but I'll be damned if I can find that place anywhere on the
Atlantic server....

--

"Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
clueless gets you committed..." - JG

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 20:24:13 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Rexx Magnus wrote:
>
>> Aye, not often though. Overseers have them 100% of the time, but they're a
>> bit tougher (both are a pain in the arse for tamers, either way).
>>

> I was sniffing around on your web site and those are some nice
>pictures, but I'll be damned if I can find that place anywhere on the
>Atlantic server....

Sorry, I missed the first part of this thread. What are you trying to
find?
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 20:24:13 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>

>>Rexx Magnus wrote:
>>

>>>Aye, not often though. Overseers have them 100% of the time, but they're a
>>>bit tougher (both are a pain in the arse for tamers, either way).
>>>

>> I was sniffing around on your web site and those are some nice
>>pictures, but I'll be damned if I can find that place anywhere on the
>>Atlantic server....
>

> Sorry, I missed the first part of this thread. What are you trying to
> find?

The house in the pictures on Rexx's web site.... <smack>

--

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 20:24:13 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>

>>Rexx Magnus wrote:
>>

>>>Aye, not often though. Overseers have them 100% of the time, but they're a
>>>bit tougher (both are a pain in the arse for tamers, either way).
>>>

>> I was sniffing around on your web site and those are some nice
>>pictures, but I'll be damned if I can find that place anywhere on the
>>Atlantic server....
>

> Sorry, I missed the first part of this thread. What are you trying to
> find?

Oh, and Cyrus tells me there's a quest to turn a hooman into a elf.
Hmmmm...

--

"Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
clueless gets you committed..." - JG

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 23:29:56 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Michael Cecil wrote:
>> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 20:24:13 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
>> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>>> I was sniffing around on your web site and those are some nice
>>>pictures, but I'll be damned if I can find that place anywhere on the
>>>Atlantic server....
>>

>> Sorry, I missed the first part of this thread. What are you trying to
>> find?
>

> Oh, and Cyrus tells me there's a quest to turn a hooman into a elf.
>Hmmmm...

Yeah, I may have to try that out. The 6th char on my 1st account is
basically a copy of my main char. He started out to be something
different and I basically ended up with my favorite template again.

But now maybe an elf...

I have watched a few episodes of The L Word, so I think I could play an
elf.
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 04:28:49 GMT, WindsorFox[SS] scrawled:

>> Sorry, I missed the first part of this thread. What are you trying to
>> find?
>

> The house in the pictures on Rexx's web site.... <smack>

I think I need to re-upload my UO section. I'd honestly never anticipated
playing again! :)

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

Michael Cecil wrote:

>> Oh, and Cyrus tells me there's a quest to turn a hooman into a elf.
>>Hmmmm...
>

> Yeah, I may have to try that out. The 6th char on my 1st account is
> basically a copy of my main char. He started out to be something
> different and I basically ended up with my favorite template again.
>
> But now maybe an elf...
>
> I have watched a few episodes of The L Word, so I think I could play an
> elf.

He tells me that the elf char is really good for mages, so I'll
probably run that quest on my mage. After 3-4 tries I finally got an
english speaking person in EA support to read my email and was told to
send some info and I will be able to qualify for pre-order status when I
make my order. Woohoo! I hope this work so I can get me another Charger...

--

WindsorFox[SS] wrote:

After 3-4 tries I finally got an
> english speaking person in EA support

I keep telling you guys, all you need to do is speak with the proper
accent to be taken seriously:

"Yesh, I am calling to shee if you can help me undershtand why dish game
dush not work for me!"

vince garcia wrote:
> WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
>
> After 3-4 tries I finally got an
>
>>english speaking person in EA support
>

> I keep telling you guys, all you need to do is speak with the proper
> accent to be taken seriously:
>
> "Yesh, I am calling to shee if you can help me undershtand why dish game
> dush not work for me!"

Accents don't rebroadcast very well through email though.

--

vince garcia wrote:
> WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
>
> After 3-4 tries I finally got an
>
>>english speaking person in EA support
>

> I keep telling you guys, all you need to do is speak with the proper
> accent to be taken seriously:
>
> "Yesh, I am calling to shee if you can help me undershtand why dish game
> dush not work for me!"

::::prances around showing off new metal covered horsie:::::

--

"Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
clueless gets you committed..." - JG

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:28:49 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>vince garcia wrote:
>> WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
>>
>> After 3-4 tries I finally got an
>>
>>>english speaking person in EA support
>>

>> I keep telling you guys, all you need to do is speak with the proper
>> accent to be taken seriously:
>>
>> "Yesh, I am calling to shee if you can help me undershtand why dish game
>> dush not work for me!"
>

> ::::prances around showing off new metal covered horsie:::::

Now dig out your Hooded Shroud of Shadows and a halberd and ride
around intoning, "I am the Dread Pirate Roberts...I have come for your
souls..." >:)
--
Curmudgeon: Someone so down on the world that he won't
donate old clothes because one day he might be mugged

OrionCA wrote:

>> ::::prances around showing off new metal covered horsie:::::
>

> Now dig out your Hooded Shroud of Shadows and a halberd and ride
> around intoning, "I am the Dread Pirate Roberts...I have come for your
> souls..." >:)
> --
> Curmudgeon: Someone so down on the world that he won't
> donate old clothes because one day he might be mugged
> by someone wearing one of his old shirts.

I have a scythe. I don't get it, who is Dread Pirate Roberts??
Must be a scenario I missed.

--

"Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
clueless gets you committed..." - JG

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:10:34 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>OrionCA wrote:
>

>>> ::::prances around showing off new metal covered horsie:::::
>>

>> Now dig out your Hooded Shroud of Shadows and a halberd and ride
>> around intoning, "I am the Dread Pirate Roberts...I have come for your
>> souls..." >:)
>> --
>> Curmudgeon: Someone so down on the world that he won't
>> donate old clothes because one day he might be mugged
>> by someone wearing one of his old shirts.
>

> I have a scythe. I don't get it, who is Dread Pirate Roberts??
>Must be a scenario I missed.

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=120633

"Have fun storming the castle!"
--
Curmudgeon: Someone so down on the world that he won't
donate old clothes because one day he might be mugged
by someone wearing one of his old shirts.

>>> Now dig out your Hooded Shroud of Shadows and a halberd and ride
>>> around intoning, "I am the Dread Pirate Roberts...I have come for your
>>> souls..." >:)
>>> --
>>> Curmudgeon: Someone so down on the world that he won't
>>> donate old clothes because one day he might be mugged
>>> by someone wearing one of his old shirts.
>>

>> I have a scythe. I don't get it, who is Dread Pirate Roberts??
>>Must be a scenario I missed.
>
> http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=120633
>
> "Have fun storming the castle!"
> --
> Curmudgeon: Someone so down on the world that he won't
> donate old clothes because one day he might be mugged
> by someone wearing one of his old shirts.

"Think it'll work?... It would take a Miracle." :p

Sticky_314

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:16:51 -0400, "Sticky_314"
<sticky_314@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> I have a scythe. I don't get it, who is Dread Pirate Roberts??
>>>Must be a scenario I missed.
>>
>> http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=120633
>>
>> "Have fun storming the castle!"
>> --
>> Curmudgeon: Someone so down on the world that he won't
>> donate old clothes because one day he might be mugged
>> by someone wearing one of his old shirts.
>
>"Think it'll work?... It would take a Miracle." :p

Stayed at a friend's house because she was just down the road from the
hotel hosting Origins. The gang piled into my car that morning and we
set off to register. As we left she and another girl came running out
the house, waving and yelling, "HAVE FUN STORMING THE CASTLE!" then
pantomimed muttering the next line from the movie to each other.

That was one of the better gaming conventions we attended. The
punch-drunk Samoan on Monday night capped it for us.
--
Curmudgeon: Someone so down on the world that he won't
donate old clothes because one day he might be mugged
by someone wearing one of his old shirts.

archeon

"WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message

> Oh, and Cyrus tells me there's a quest to turn a hooman into a elf.
> Hmmmm...

Is Cyrus OK? Haven't heard from him here in ages. I think he might be quite
positive about some of the new features in ML.

Archeon

Archeon wrote:
> "WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message
>

>> Oh, and Cyrus tells me there's a quest to turn a hooman into a elf.
>>Hmmmm...
>

> Is Cyrus OK? Haven't heard from him here in ages. I think he might be quite
> positive about some of the new features in ML.
>
> Archeon

He's on AOL dial up. Yeah, don't ask me... But he still shmoozes
around at the UO forums on Stratics, which is how I mailed him. I sent a
PM through the forum.