help! my hdd...

ultra

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2003
help help help!! heres the situation:

yesterday i install a game, after that i restart my computer, then before the windows load, it has a message sayin cant start windows, one of the file is missing, please re-install the file (it showed the file name but i forgot), i try using safe mod and i couldnt get in to windows too.

so i got my winxp disk out, and try to repair it, but under my maxtor hdd (hdd-0) it says windows cant access this drive and it didnt show any of my partitions in my maxtor hdd.

then i got my old hdd out, install xp on it. i open My Computer and it didnt show any partition from maxtor either. i checked the device manger also, it says my maxtor hdd is workin properly.

so whats wrong with my maxtor hdd? bios and device manger detect my maxtor, but i just cant seems to access it whot should i do, i hv everything in that hdd

xp2500+ barton
k7n2g-l
herc AIW 9800se @ 9800
crucial 512mb pc2700
Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 80gb
samsung sv1363d 12gb
winxp sp1

neveroldmilk

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2003
Take it easy.If u want to save the data in u hdd,u'd better use some software to recover it(Just like EasyRecovery--a good data saver).And remember to add it to a good pc(make it as slavery hdd).Then let software read the data.Everything will be OK.

Truth is somewhere out there!
--Movie 'X Files'

TRENDING THREADS