Eighth Age. I'm confused. Again

This is a boxed game that we must purchase for $30, correct? Right
on top of a DAMN $30 update (grrrr!) But the info screen on start up
makes it sound like if you have a current account on Monday at noon,
you'll get the upgrade without buying it??? I'm confused....

--

"Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
clueless gets you committed..." - JG

"WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message
> This is a boxed game that we must purchase for $30, correct? Right
> on top of a DAMN $30 update (grrrr!) But the info screen on start up
> makes it sound like if you have a current account on Monday at noon,
> you'll get the upgrade without buying it??? I'm confused....

There is no new content in Eighth Age. People will buy it for the new gifts.
Actually ML is the newer expansion. If you buy only Eighth Age but not ML,
your exploring world will lack the ML dungeons.

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 03:15:43 GMT, "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote:

>"WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message
>> This is a boxed game that we must purchase for $30, correct? Right
>> on top of a DAMN $30 update (grrrr!) But the info screen on start up
>> makes it sound like if you have a current account on Monday at noon,
>> you'll get the upgrade without buying it??? I'm confused....
>>

>There is no new content in Eighth Age. People will buy it for the new gifts.
>Actually ML is the newer expansion. If you buy only Eighth Age but not ML,
>your exploring world will lack the ML dungeons.

Am I the only one who is entirely underwhelmed by these new "gifts"? I
may get one copy just so I have the current install on disc, but
apparently there's no reason to get more than one.
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

"WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message
> This is a boxed game that we must purchase for $30, correct? Right on
> top of a DAMN $30 update (grrrr!) But the info screen on start up makes it
> sound like if you have a current account on Monday at noon, you'll get the
> upgrade without buying it??? I'm confused....
>

> --
>
> "Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
> clueless gets you committed..." - JG

Pulled from their FAQ's to address your questions:

Q: How much will Ultima OnlineT: The Eighth Age cost?
A: Ultima OnlineT: The Eighth Age will retail for the low, low price of
$19.99!

Reasonable for a change? Not after ML... See comments below.

Q: Will I be able to get these items (The 8th aniversery items) without
buying Ultima OnlineT: The Eighth Age?
A: Yes, each active account will receive 1 code redeemable for the 8th
anniversary item of your choice. Details will be coming on the 8th Age Item
giveaway soon.

Just like 7th AE.

Q: Why create a new boxed edition when you just released Ultima OnlineT:
Mondain's Legacy?
A: Two reasons. One, we wanted to give current players a commemorative
edition with lots of value in the box. Second, we wanted to create an
attractive package that would appeal to potential new players.

But one that is crippled by not having ML... Bad marketing choice since it
really makes EA look like money grubbers... Yes I know they are but it's
never a good idea for a company to make that obvious!

Q: Does this box contain Ultima OnlineT: Mondain's Legacy?
A: No. The code in the box will allow you to play every expansion up to
Samurai Empire. HOWEVER, the discs in the box do contain the complete
Mondain's Legacy client. No large patching will be needed.

Good for patching I suppose. They just didn't want people picking this up
and getting ML for $20 (Minus whatever packaging costs them) when they can
get this $20 plus the $30 for ML.... Someone in their marketing shop should
be shot. Adding ML and making it $30 would have been smarter for a whole lot
of reasons.

Alminair wrote:

> Good for patching I suppose. They just didn't want people picking this up
> and getting ML for $20 (Minus whatever packaging costs them) when they can
> get this $20 plus the $30 for ML.... Someone in their marketing shop should
> be shot. Adding ML and making it $30 would have been smarter for a whole lot
> of reasons.

Or even for $40. Now all this info begs the question, will I 3
months from now be able to purchase a pack of codes to get more gifts,
or will I have to pay ten million in gold for them in game....

--

"Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
clueless gets you committed..." - JG

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 04:44:48 GMT, WindsorFox[SS] scrawled:

> Or even for $40. Now all this info begs the question, will I 3
> months from now be able to purchase a pack of codes to get more gifts,
> or will I have to pay ten million in gold for them in game....

Given that they haven't done that for the 7th age items, I'd say no.

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

WindsorFox[SS] wrote:

> This is a boxed game that we must purchase for $30, correct? Right
> on top of a DAMN $30 update (grrrr!) But the info screen on start up
> makes it sound like if you have a current account on Monday at noon,
> you'll get the upgrade without buying it??? I'm confused....
>
> --
>
> "Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
> clueless gets you committed..." - JG

I won't buy it. I've had it with their garbage. I won't buy another
product from them again. This game isn't worth it

WindsorFox[SS] wrote:

> This is a boxed game that we must purchase for $30, correct? Right
> on top of a DAMN $30 update (grrrr!) But the info screen on start up
> makes it sound like if you have a current account on Monday at noon,
> you'll get the upgrade without buying it??? I'm confused....
>
> --
>
> "Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
> clueless gets you committed..." - JG

I won't buy it. I've had it with their garbage. I won't buy another
product from them again. This game isn't worth it

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 01:58:02 GMT, WindsorFox[SS] scrawled:

> This is a boxed game that we must purchase for $30, correct? Right
> on top of a DAMN $30 update (grrrr!) But the info screen on start up
> makes it sound like if you have a current account on Monday at noon,
> you'll get the upgrade without buying it??? I'm confused....

It's not an upgrade, it's a reboxed set for new/returning players who have
missed everything previous. The last couple of expansions didn't come with
maps of anything except the new lands introduced with those expansions.

You'll get one of the *gifts* if your account is active as of the 19th
(and not a trial account). 8th age is not an expansion.

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

Rexx Magnus wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 04:44:48 GMT, WindsorFox[SS] scrawled:
>

>> Or even for $40. Now all this info begs the question, will I 3
>>months from now be able to purchase a pack of codes to get more gifts,
>>or will I have to pay ten million in gold for them in game....
>

> Given that they haven't done that for the 7th age items, I'd say no.

Uhhh, didn't they? What were the gifts that the fire place and
stuff came from??

--

"Rexx Magnus" <trashcan@uk2.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 04:44:48 GMT, WindsorFox[SS] scrawled:
>
>> Or even for $40. Now all this info begs the question, will I 3
>> months from now be able to purchase a pack of codes to get more gifts,
>> or will I have to pay ten million in gold for them in game....
>
> Given that they haven't done that for the 7th age items, I'd say no.
>
> --
> http://www.rexx.co.uk
>
> To email me, visit the site.

But they did offer that for the 7th AE items. 2.99 each or 12.99 for a full
set. Everything they have come out with (Excepting the soulstones) has been
sold for a limited time. The only thing that won't be available is the blue
soulstones because if they were sold it would kill their sales of soulstone
fragments. Judging by what they have been doing they will give this package
some time to sell (Prob 3 months like Windsor was thingking) and then they
will offer single codes for 2.99 and one of each for 12.99. That will most
likely be on sale for 1 month just like all the new codes have been.

-Jason

vince garcia wrote:
> WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
>
>> This is a boxed game that we must purchase for $30, correct? Right
>>on top of a DAMN $30 update (grrrr!) But the info screen on start up
>>makes it sound like if you have a current account on Monday at noon,
>>you'll get the upgrade without buying it??? I'm confused....
>>
>>--
>>
>>"Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
>>clueless gets you committed..." - JG
>

> I won't buy it. I've had it with their garbage. I won't buy another
> product from them again. This game isn't worth it
Indeed, I've had enough too, and am currently in the process of selling
all my stuff, house, and account :p

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 21:14:51 GMT, Alminair scrawled:

> But they did offer that for the 7th AE items. 2.99 each or 12.99 for a
> full set. Everything they have come out with (Excepting the soulstones)
> has been sold for a limited time. The only thing that won't be available
> is the blue soulstones because if they were sold it would kill their
> sales of soulstone fragments. Judging by what they have been doing they
> will give this package some time to sell (Prob 3 months like Windsor was
> thingking) and then they will offer single codes for 2.99 and one of
> each for 12.99. That will most likely be on sale for 1 month just like
> all the new codes have been.
>
> -Jason

Ahh, right - didn't realise they had done it with the 7th age items.

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

"vince garcia" <vggarciaxx@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
>>
>> This is a boxed game that we must purchase for $30, correct? Right
>> on top of a DAMN $30 update (grrrr!) But the info screen on start up
>> makes it sound like if you have a current account on Monday at noon,
>> you'll get the upgrade without buying it??? I'm confused....
>>
>> --
>>
>> "Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
>> clueless gets you committed..." - JG
>
> I won't buy it. I've had it with their garbage. I won't buy another
> product from them again. This game isn't worth it

UO/EA seem to be putting out an expansion every 3 months to keep the game
afloat.

TRENDING THREADS