medal of honor pacific assault

I have installed the medal of honor pacific assault game,after i installed
the game a message came up from the windows script host which said cannot
find script file
"C/Docume~1/Jackie~1/LOCALS~1/TEMP/{A03FECD3-6E1B-46EF-83CE-4EF23D1C61AE}
{56CFA833-F44F-4199-8C58-7F8B38F2BC7B} Firewall vbs" also a message came up
saying that I dont have Directx 8.1 on my system and that the video card I
have does not support directx 8.1 I have installed new drivers and installed
directx 9.0 but the same message comes up each time can anyone help?
--
jslicursi
1 answer Last reply

    Hi,

    Let's try some basic troubleshooting. If the problem still persists
    please post back and we'll try some more steps. Good luck! :-)

    1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
    programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
    blockers using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

    You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
    http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

    2. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com Afterwards
    Download & Run Spybot from: http://security.kolla.de to find any
    Trojans, Adware, or Spyware which could clog up your system.

    3. Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive & Choose Properties
    / Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the "Tools" Tab and run
    the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.

    4. Go to the Windows Update site for everything under Critical and
    Recommended: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com Some games
    require a patch: http://www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a

    5. Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:
    For all Video / DirectX / Game and Hardware Issues, I have a
    Checklist of Solutions at: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "wackyjacky" <wackyjacky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9568A50D-69A9-487D-B529-0F1C116E94B9@microsoft.com...
    >I have installed the medal of honor pacific assault game,after i installed
    > the game a message came up from the windows script host which said cannot
    > find script file
    > "C/Docume~1/Jackie~1/LOCALS~1/TEMP/{A03FECD3-6E1B-46EF-83CE-4EF23D1C61AE}
    > {56CFA833-F44F-4199-8C58-7F8B38F2BC7B} Firewall vbs" also a message came up
    > saying that I dont have Directx 8.1 on my system and that the video card I
    > have does not support directx 8.1 I have installed new drivers and installed
    > directx 9.0 but the same message comes up each time can anyone help?
    > --
    > jslicursi

Directx Video Games