Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Is there a cell phone with a call recorder?

Last response: in General Connectivity
June 29, 2007 5:20:56 AM

This is a bit unrelated, but I think this should go in this section here. You are all pretty savvy on this forum, so I'm wondering if you all know of any cell phones which allow you to record entire conversations?
June 30, 2007 12:20:12 AM

here is a service that can be used with any phone to record the call its called the call recorder card . you simply give them your phone number, pay a small fee and then you can access your recorded calls through the internet or your phone. I haven't tried it as i have no need to record calls but it looks like it should work
June 30, 2007 12:45:29 AM

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately that card is as expensive as a new phone.
Related resources
September 1, 2007 9:00:38 AM

Quote:
Yes, no problem just use a WindowsMobile5 Smarpthone or PDAphone with the VITO AudioNotes Software and record BOTH sides of the conversations with a 1GB-memorycard and low-mp3-settings you can talk forever, i used while i am driving

Decker87 said:
This is a bit unrelated, but I think this should go in this section here. You are all pretty savvy on this forum, so I'm wondering if you all know of any cell phones which allow you to record entire conversations?

September 1, 2007 9:04:23 AM

Just use a WindowsMobile5-Smartphone or PDA-Phone, buy VITO AudioNotes Software online and insert if you talk a lot a 1gb-MemoryCard record both sides AUTOMATICALLY incoming and outgoing ie. while driving more? gwartha.fdi@logbox.com I am a business traveller and i am really glad to find this solution
April 20, 2010 6:20:57 AM

It depends on what kind of mobile phone you use.
If your phone operates under Windows Mobile. you may try a software called WM Sound Recorder. It can record the both outgoing and incoming calls automatically. really good ! :bounce: 
April 20, 2010 6:34:19 PM

It still needs hardware support for both sides of a conversation, other/wise like all other recorders out there you will only be able to record your side of the conversation, so it's like dictating while talking.

Most hardware does not allow you bridge access to both audio streams so you can record what the other person is saying. Some device do, some don't you need to make sure yours support both audio streams.
June 24, 2010 8:26:18 PM

There was a phone put out by Nokia but it was then discontinued. Many of us believe it having to do with the FCC in the US as opposed to overseas.

IF you want a service that helps u record a call as an mp3 there are many, with www.recordiapro.com leading the pack. where are you located?

goodluck :wahoo: 
June 24, 2010 9:18:06 PM

That service routes your calls through their service, which reduces the security of the call, plus it's expensive.

Not very attractive versus the old ability to record both sides of the conversation on a device, like was available on Palm phones.
June 26, 2010 6:19:47 AM

Jaguar did you read the reviews on that Android app?

It's not able to record both sides of the conversation it's only a voice memo recorder to record just your side of the conversation and then maybe the other person if they speak loud enough to get picked up by the mic.

I'll double check it at work on the Hero and to analyze the code, I doubt it does what it's fooling people into thinking it does (which is what alot of people did for M$ and Blackberry phones just fleecing people for a mediocre voice note recorder).

Few apps are able to access that protected path on devices by design, and only a select few Nokia phones (like the Palm) allow that, not all Symbian phones, at least that one though is able to do what is asked.
June 30, 2010 4:42:39 AM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
Jaguar did you read the reviews on that Android app?

Actually, no. I just viewed the video of the Symbian version which does demonstrates that the app actually works. Unless it is a doctored video...

Looks like the Android version needs some bug fixes to get it up to par with the Symbian version.
July 12, 2010 2:07:55 AM

Rex2010 said:
It depends on what kind of mobile phone you use.
If your phone operates under Windows Mobile. you may try a software called WM Sound Recorder. It can record the both outgoing and incoming calls automatically. really good ! :bounce: 

yeah!i have try WM Sound Recorder recomended by rex2010 to record my windows mobile phone.

It is great fun and easy to use!
August 10, 2010 8:58:03 AM

My SE Elm can record conversation while I'm talking...if it answer the question...
August 10, 2010 3:20:44 PM

This topic has been closed by TheGreatGrapeApe
!