Anyone know where you can get an image of the entire Britannia map rendered
in the same form as the ingame radar?

InsideUO can apparently render a map with the altitude data on it, but of
course, it doesn't put the trees in as nice little round lumps, so looks
horrid.

I can't seem to find a particular map file that UO would be using (as it
must be sourced from the map.mul files and rendered on the fly).
--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

"Rexx Magnus" <trashcan@uk2.net> wrote in message
> Anyone know where you can get an image of the entire Britannia map
> rendered
> in the same form as the ingame radar?
>
> InsideUO can apparently render a map with the altitude data on it, but of
> course, it doesn't put the trees in as nice little round lumps, so looks
> horrid.
>
> I can't seem to find a particular map file that UO would be using (as it
> must be sourced from the map.mul files and rendered on the fly).
> --
> http://www.rexx.co.uk
>
> To email me, visit the site.

AFAIK UO Auto-map is the best extracted maps, but I'm not sure if that's
what you are asking for or not?

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 04:27:05 GMT, Alminair scrawled:

> AFAIK UO Auto-map is the best extracted maps, but I'm not sure if that's
> what you are asking for or not?

No, the ones on the radar look different now, but they must be processed in
realtime, I guess.

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

On 27 Sep 2005 08:30:35 GMT, Rexx Magnus <trashcan@uk2.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 04:27:05 GMT, Alminair scrawled:
>
>> AFAIK UO Auto-map is the best extracted maps, but I'm not sure if that's
>> what you are asking for or not?
>
>No, the ones on the radar look different now, but they must be processed in
>realtime, I guess.

Back during the beta some guys stitched together screendumps of the
in-game radar map and published those maps on their sites. When Alazane
came out with InsideUO they were all rendered superfluous however. Anyhow,
I'd offer some of the original ones but I guess you want the kind like
that new radar map gump has (unless you reverted to the old style) so
nevermind. :)
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:48:09 GMT, Michael Cecil scrawled:

>>No, the ones on the radar look different now, but they must be processed
>>in realtime, I guess.
>
> Back during the beta some guys stitched together screendumps of the
> in-game radar map and published those maps on their sites. When Alazane
> came out with InsideUO they were all rendered superfluous however.
> Anyhow, I'd offer some of the original ones but I guess you want the
> kind like that new radar map gump has (unless you reverted to the old
> style) so nevermind. :)

The thought of doing that has crossed my mind, but I think it would be
tortuous to do - I've done it once for real world aerial photos!

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

On 27 Sep 2005 10:49:29 GMT, Rexx Magnus <trashcan@uk2.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:48:09 GMT, Michael Cecil scrawled:
>
>>>No, the ones on the radar look different now, but they must be processed
>>>in realtime, I guess.
>>
>> Back during the beta some guys stitched together screendumps of the
>> in-game radar map and published those maps on their sites. When Alazane
>> came out with InsideUO they were all rendered superfluous however.
>> Anyhow, I'd offer some of the original ones but I guess you want the
>> kind like that new radar map gump has (unless you reverted to the old
>> style) so nevermind. :)
>
>The thought of doing that has crossed my mind, but I think it would be
>tortuous to do - I've done it once for real world aerial photos!

What are you trying to map out? Or do you just want a pretty wallpaper...
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:07:41 GMT, Michael Cecil scrawled:

>>> Back during the beta some guys stitched together screendumps of the
>>> in-game radar map and published those maps on their sites. When
>>> Alazane came out with InsideUO they were all rendered superfluous
>>> however. Anyhow, I'd offer some of the original ones but I guess you
>>> want the kind like that new radar map gump has (unless you reverted to
>>> the old style) so nevermind. :)
>>
>>The thought of doing that has crossed my mind, but I think it would be
>>tortuous to do - I've done it once for real world aerial photos!
>
> What are you trying to map out? Or do you just want a pretty
> wallpaper...

I just want a pretty map to print that represents the forests, terrain
etc. better than the UOAM one does.

As for the real world one (if that's what you meant) I did it for work,
zooming in to the UK, then down to county scale, eventually zooming into
the town where our office is, complete with terrain heights.

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

TRENDING THREADS