I'm looking for a DIY Speaker recommendation

Last response: in Home Audio
December 21, 2004 4:14:45 AM

I would like to build a pair of speakers that are voiced simular to the
Vandersteen 2Ce Sigs. Can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA
Julien
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 4:07:09 AM

Julien43 wrote:
> I would like to build a pair of speakers that are voiced simular to the
> Vandersteen 2Ce Sigs. Can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA
> Julien

If you're on a budget, then I highly recommend talking to the
staff at Madisound. Those guys are total pros and know as
much as anyone on the planet. They sell top quality stuff
for a fair price.

If you're not on a budget, or have several grand to spend
on an outrageous project, consider the Siegfried Linkwitz
Orion design.

http://www.linkwitzlab.com/orion_challenge.htm

A truly extraordinary loudspeaker comparable to the very
finest from any of the high end manufacturers and better
than most to my ear.

Russ
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 4:07:23 AM

Madisound has a DIY speaker forum with some pretty knowledgeable people.
I'm sure they can help.

- Magnusfarce

"Julien43" <jntherrien@msn.com> wrote in message
> I would like to build a pair of speakers that are voiced simular to the
> Vandersteen 2Ce Sigs. Can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA
> Julien
December 31, 2004 7:21:29 PM

"Julien43" <jntherrien@msn.com> wrote in message
>I would like to build a pair of speakers that are voiced simular to the
> Vandersteen 2Ce Sigs. Can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA
> Julien

A good place to try would be www.diyaudio.com
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 3:50:59 AM

Julien43 wrote:
> I would like to build a pair of speakers that are voiced simular to
the
> Vandersteen 2Ce Sigs. Can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA
> Julien

You might want to try North Creek speakers.

http://www.northcreekmusic.com/OkaraII/OkaraIIcomments....

Here is a quote from their web site.

"I recently completed my Ikemo Okara II speakers, and I have to tell
you that I am thrilled! Even though they are not set up even close to
ideally, the sound is amazing. My wife and I have been listening to
much of our music collection as a new experience. They are a
replacement for Dahlquist DQ20 A's, and they sound better. Thank you
for an excellent product!"

You can get them as kits or finished. The claim that their speakers
are voiced similarly.

Regards,
Doug
!