History only shows today's sites visited

Hi
I am using XP proffesional and in my history it will only allow me to view
the sites I have visited today. In my control panel settings I have got it
set to keep for 7 days, and when I click on view by date it only gives me
todays pages,
Hope someone can help
Regards
Gail
3 answers Last reply
More about history shows today sites visited

    Are you using McAfee by chance?It has a conflict with IE6.
    If you have then open VirusScan 6 from the system tray (bottom right
    corner), on the lower left of the window choose "pick a task".
    Next choose "change my virus scan settings".
    Then "configure V-shield background scanning".
    At the bottom "customize your V-shield settings" now on the left of the
    window choose "internet filter".
    Now under applet filters,uncheck the entry "active X controls" hit apply and
    close.Your history will now work as normal.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    "Trickywoo" <Trickywoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I am using XP proffesional and in my history it will only allow me to view
    > the sites I have visited today. In my control panel settings I have got
    > it
    > set to keep for 7 days, and when I click on view by date it only gives me
    > todays pages,
    > Hope someone can help
    > Regards
    > Gail

    Hi Thanks for replying. I am using Norton Anti virus, does that have a
    conflict as well?
    Kind Regards

    "S.Sengupta" wrote:

    > Are you using McAfee by chance?It has a conflict with IE6.
    > If you have then open VirusScan 6 from the system tray (bottom right
    > corner), on the lower left of the window choose "pick a task".
    > Next choose "change my virus scan settings".
    > Then "configure V-shield background scanning".
    > At the bottom "customize your V-shield settings" now on the left of the
    > window choose "internet filter".
    > Now under applet filters,uncheck the entry "active X controls" hit apply and
    > close.Your history will now work as normal.
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >

    > "Trickywoo" <Trickywoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > I am using XP proffesional and in my history it will only allow me to view
    > > the sites I have visited today. In my control panel settings I have got
    > > it
    > > set to keep for 7 days, and when I click on view by date it only gives me
    > > todays pages,
    > > Hope someone can help
    > > Regards
    > > Gail

    No,Norton antivirus has no such conflict.
    Anyway,try this:-
    Prevent IE History from Being Removed - Undo (Line 101)
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.co­m/xp_tweaks.htm

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Trickywoo wrote:

    > Hi Thanks for replying. I am using Norton Anti virus, does that have a
    > conflict as well?
    > Kind Regards
    >
    > "S.Sengupta" wrote:
    >

    >>Are you using McAfee by chance?It has a conflict with IE6.
    >>If you have then open VirusScan 6 from the system tray (bottom right
    >>corner), on the lower left of the window choose "pick a task".
    >>Next choose "change my virus scan settings".
    >>Then "configure V-shield background scanning".
    >>At the bottom "customize your V-shield settings" now on the left of the
    >>window choose "internet filter".
    >>Now under applet filters,uncheck the entry "active X controls" hit apply and
    >>close.Your history will now work as normal.
    >>
    >>regards,
    >>ssg MS-MVP
    >>

    >>"Trickywoo" <Trickywoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi
    >>>I am using XP proffesional and in my history it will only allow me to view
    >>>the sites I have visited today. In my control panel settings I have got
    >>>it
    >>>set to keep for 7 days, and when I click on view by date it only gives me
    >>>todays pages,
    >>>Hope someone can help
    >>>Regards
    >>>Gail