History only shows today's sites visited

Hi
I am using XP proffesional and in my history it will only allow me to view
the sites I have visited today. In my control panel settings I have got it
set to keep for 7 days, and when I click on view by date it only gives me
todays pages,
Hope someone can help
Regards
Gail

Are you using McAfee by chance?It has a conflict with IE6.
If you have then open VirusScan 6 from the system tray (bottom right
corner), on the lower left of the window choose "pick a task".
Next choose "change my virus scan settings".
Then "configure V-shield background scanning".
At the bottom "customize your V-shield settings" now on the left of the
window choose "internet filter".
Now under applet filters,uncheck the entry "active X controls" hit apply and
close.Your history will now work as normal.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

"Trickywoo" <Trickywoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am using XP proffesional and in my history it will only allow me to view
> the sites I have visited today. In my control panel settings I have got
> it
> set to keep for 7 days, and when I click on view by date it only gives me
> todays pages,
> Hope someone can help
> Regards
> Gail

Hi Thanks for replying. I am using Norton Anti virus, does that have a
conflict as well?
Kind Regards

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> Are you using McAfee by chance?It has a conflict with IE6.
> If you have then open VirusScan 6 from the system tray (bottom right
> corner), on the lower left of the window choose "pick a task".
> Next choose "change my virus scan settings".
> Then "configure V-shield background scanning".
> At the bottom "customize your V-shield settings" now on the left of the
> window choose "internet filter".
> Now under applet filters,uncheck the entry "active X controls" hit apply and
> close.Your history will now work as normal.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>

> "Trickywoo" <Trickywoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I am using XP proffesional and in my history it will only allow me to view
> > the sites I have visited today. In my control panel settings I have got
> > it
> > set to keep for 7 days, and when I click on view by date it only gives me
> > todays pages,
> > Hope someone can help
> > Regards
> > Gail

No,Norton antivirus has no such conflict.
Anyway,try this:-
Prevent IE History from Being Removed - Undo (Line 101)
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.co­m/xp_tweaks.htm

regards,
ssg MS-MVP