what are dangerous creatures?

Hmm--saw new creature statues today. But what are "dangerous creatures
replicas" from the vesper museum? A stealable? Quest thing?

Also, though I've tried looking thru the various sites, I can't find
info on how these new talismans work. They give percentage bonuses on
certain skills from their descriptions, but when I put one on, nothing
happens, and even clicking on them, while it stars some sort of count
down, doesn't show my skills increasing as the talisman says they
should. What's the deal? Am I doing something wrong?

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:11:54 GMT, vince garcia scrawled:

> Also, though I've tried looking thru the various sites, I can't find
> info on how these new talismans work. They give percentage bonuses on
> certain skills from their descriptions, but when I put one on, nothing
> happens, and even clicking on them, while it stars some sort of count
> down, doesn't show my skills increasing as the talisman says they
> should. What's the deal? Am I doing something wrong?

I think some remove spells, and the counter is until the next use.
Some that give bonuses (you'll notice that they give crafting bonuses,
which jewelry does not) simply increases the success chance, rather than
increasing your skill - or so it seems.
Being GM smith/carp/tailor, I can't test it to see if it allows you to
create items beyond your skill level, as a simple skill boost would do.

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

>> Also, though I've tried looking thru the various sites, I can't find
>> info on how these new talismans work. They give percentage bonuses on
>> certain skills from their descriptions, but when I put one on, nothing
>> happens, and even clicking on them, while it stars some sort of count
>> down, doesn't show my skills increasing as the talisman says they
>> should. What's the deal? Am I doing something wrong?
>
> I think some remove spells, and the counter is until the next use.
> Some that give bonuses (you'll notice that they give crafting bonuses,
> which jewelry does not) simply increases the success chance, rather than
> increasing your skill - or so it seems.
> Being GM smith/carp/tailor, I can't test it to see if it allows you to
> create items beyond your skill level, as a simple skill boost would do.
>
> --
I had gotten one of the Red Cross ones with cow protection, which I thought
was hillarious. But it gave a +10 bonus to Spirt Speak and it did bumb the
skill up. The talisman that I find the most usefull is the Totem of the
Void. It has some kind of protection mod along with +2 HP Regen and 10% LMC
bonuses on them. I have found them to be very valuable to both my Mage and
my Fighter. You can get them at either the Painted Caves or the Lab. You can
prolly find them else where too, but thats where I have been getting mine.

Sticky_314

archeon

"vince garcia" <vggarciaxx@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Hmm--saw new creature statues today. But what are "dangerous creatures
> replicas" from the vesper museum? A stealable? Quest thing?

Maybe they're rewards from helping collect things for the Brit Zoo?
Would make sense...

Archeon

Sticky_314 wrote:

> I had gotten one of the Red Cross ones with cow protection, which I thought
> was hillarious. But it gave a +10 bonus to Spirt Speak and it did bumb the
> skill up. The talisman that I find the most usefull is the Totem of the
> Void. It has some kind of protection mod along with +2 HP Regen and 10% LMC
> bonuses on them. I have found them to be very valuable to both my Mage and
> my Fighter. You can get them at either the Painted Caves or the Lab. You can
> prolly find them else where too, but thats where I have been getting mine.
>
> Sticky_314

Cyrus has one with Cow protection AND one of the new blades that is
a bovine slayer. Two very necessary items when stalking the dangerous
and wiley cow...

--

"Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
clueless gets you committed..." - JG

Archeon wrote:
> "vince garcia" <vggarciaxx@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hmm--saw new creature statues today. But what are "dangerous creatures
>>replicas" from the vesper museum? A stealable? Quest thing?
>

> Maybe they're rewards from helping collect things for the Brit Zoo?
> Would make sense...
>
> Archeon

There is a Brit Zoo?
Seems I am missing a lot by not buying the new expansion

oo00oo

"oo00oo" wrote:

>> Maybe they're rewards from helping collect things for the Brit Zoo?
>> Would make sense...
>>
>> Archeon
> There is a Brit Zoo?
> Seems I am missing a lot by not buying the new expansion
>
> oo00oo

It's not from the expansion. The zoo is in the middle of Moonglow's island
just south of the graveyard.
There have never been any animals in it that I remember and I've been here
for around 4 years on and off.
I've seen some of these in peoples houses. They are just different versions
of those statues that make you panic when you run past by making a noise.

The Unbound wrote:
> "oo00oo" wrote:
>

>>>Maybe they're rewards from helping collect things for the Brit Zoo?
>>>Would make sense...
>>>
>>>Archeon
>>
>>There is a Brit Zoo?
>>Seems I am missing a lot by not buying the new expansion
>>
>>oo00oo
>

> It's not from the expansion. The zoo is in the middle of Moonglow's island
> just south of the graveyard.
> There have never been any animals in it that I remember and I've been here
> for around 4 years on and off.
> I've seen some of these in peoples houses. They are just different versions
> of those statues that make you panic when you run past by making a noise.

Oh, that place...
lol!! I thought there is actually a Zoo near Brit with dragons,
nightmares, kirins..etc etc in cages

oo00oo

oo00oo wrote:

> Oh, that place...
> lol!! I thought there is actually a Zoo near Brit with dragons,
> nightmares, kirins..etc etc in cages
>
> oo00oo

There once were animals in the zoo, but griefers would sit and
slaughter for points and they cleaned it out. I suppose they will make
the new inhabitants invulnerable and non-combative.

--

The Unbound wrote:

> "oo00oo" wrote:
>

>>>Maybe they're rewards from helping collect things for the Brit Zoo?
>>>Would make sense...
>>>
>>>Archeon
>>
>>There is a Brit Zoo?
>>Seems I am missing a lot by not buying the new expansion
>>
>>oo00oo
>

> It's not from the expansion. The zoo is in the middle of Moonglow's island
> just south of the graveyard.
> There have never been any animals in it that I remember and I've been here
> for around 4 years on and off.
> I've seen some of these in peoples houses. They are just different versions
> of those statues that make you panic when you run past by making a noise.

It was implemented off and on when the game was new, always as a disaster.

For one with the bars it was pretty much free archery, taming, and
barding practice.

I recall people used to use the polymorph spell to exploit the old rule
set. People would polymorph into an ettin there for instance, and then
when people, thinking they were monsters, tried to kill them, the
exploiter would call guards and loot the players corpse. There were
probably 4-5 variations on that theme at the Zoo.

Those were the days. Someone would steal from you in the Moonglow
graveyard, you would attack and they would use the fast walk exploit to
get all the way to the zoo and call guards on you. The only choice you
had was to let them steal or get guard whacked.

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:28:35 GMT, Rick Cortese <ricortes@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>It was implemented off and on when the game was new, always as a disaster.
>
>For one with the bars it was pretty much free archery, taming, and
>barding practice.
>
>I recall people used to use the polymorph spell to exploit the old rule
>set. People would polymorph into an ettin there for instance, and then
>when people, thinking they were monsters, tried to kill them, the
>exploiter would call guards and loot the players corpse. There were
>probably 4-5 variations on that theme at the Zoo.
>
>Those were the days. Someone would steal from you in the Moonglow
>graveyard, you would attack and they would use the fast walk exploit to
>get all the way to the zoo and call guards on you. The only choice you
>had was to let them steal or get guard whacked.

I used to use a teleport ring to go inside the cages and gather arrows.
Millions of free arrows all mine, muahahahahahaaa.

Only one teleport ring left in my collection now. It sits next to the
magic resist earrings and invis necklace.
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/