the best diy phono tube preamp schematics

Last response: in Home Audio
December 22, 2004 4:09:55 AM

Hi all,
I am about to build a phono pramp and wanted to have a few designs to
look at for ideas.
Anyone know of a high-end schematic or circuit description on the web
that does not use the common receiving tubes such as 12ax7s etc..
I am looking for something that uses special quality tubes etc.
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 3:37:11 AM

<maxdimario@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I am about to build a phono pramp and wanted to have a few designs
> look at for ideas.
> Anyone know of a high-end schematic or circuit description on the
web
> that does not use the common receiving tubes such as 12ax7s etc..
> I am looking for something that uses special quality tubes etc.

You can replace the 12AX7 with a 7025, which is the same tube, only
"special quality".

Norm Strong
Anonymous
December 26, 2004 8:07:17 PM

the Musical Fidelity NuVista preamp uses 6CW4's -- a nuvistor tube which was
popular as a low noise front end for frequencies above 50MHz. . I used a
nuvistor 50MHz converter for 6m ham radio receiving. It was very quiet.

Take a look at this:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/preamble_n.html

<maxdimario@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I am about to build a phono pramp and wanted to have a few designs to
> look at for ideas.
> Anyone know of a high-end schematic or circuit description on the web
> that does not use the common receiving tubes such as 12ax7s etc..
> I am looking for something that uses special quality tubes etc.
June 9, 2009 9:48:20 PM

What's not so good about 12AX7 or ECC82,3 - perfectly good triodes up to several MHz. No point wasting money on obscure nuvistors etc.
!