the best diy phono tube preamp schematics

Hi all,
I am about to build a phono pramp and wanted to have a few designs to
look at for ideas.
Anyone know of a high-end schematic or circuit description on the web
that does not use the common receiving tubes such as 12ax7s etc..
I am looking for something that uses special quality tubes etc.
3 answers Last reply
More about phono tube preamp schematics
  1. Archived from groups: rec.audio.high-end (More info?)

    <maxdimario@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I am about to build a phono pramp and wanted to have a few designs
    > look at for ideas.
    > Anyone know of a high-end schematic or circuit description on the
    web
    > that does not use the common receiving tubes such as 12ax7s etc..
    > I am looking for something that uses special quality tubes etc.

    You can replace the 12AX7 with a 7025, which is the same tube, only
    "special quality".

    Norm Strong
  2. Archived from groups: rec.audio.high-end (More info?)

    the Musical Fidelity NuVista preamp uses 6CW4's -- a nuvistor tube which was
    popular as a low noise front end for frequencies above 50MHz. . I used a
    nuvistor 50MHz converter for 6m ham radio receiving. It was very quiet.

    Take a look at this:

    http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/preamble_n.html

    <maxdimario@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I am about to build a phono pramp and wanted to have a few designs to
    > look at for ideas.
    > Anyone know of a high-end schematic or circuit description on the web
    > that does not use the common receiving tubes such as 12ax7s etc..
    > I am looking for something that uses special quality tubes etc.
  3. What's not so good about 12AX7 or ECC82,3 - perfectly good triodes up to several MHz. No point wasting money on obscure nuvistors etc.

High-End Audio Do It Yourself Audio