D33

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
hey there UT lovers.... here is some kick ass news:
digital extremes finally said that the official sequel to unreal tournament.. unreal tournament 2 is in developement... looks amazing i can tell you!breathtaking graphics and weapons... sweet!
check out the game spot review about it to check some screenshots!!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Doh! Thought you meant Unreal 2 at first, not Unreal Tournament 2. Looking at the Game Spot article now.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FatBurger on 01/14/02 12:51 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Looking very, very nice. I just hope they don't take this game too much into fantasy, since it looks like they are :frown:

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

D33

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
do you mean like the weapons and characters? well when i first saw the screen shots i felt like it became a fantasy... but i don't think so.. you still have the capture the flag thing.. and it looks good!
a lot of the weapons are more true to life, like the M16 looking one or one looks like the UZI, and you have also those others like the sniper thing and pulse....
i think we should wait a bit before jumping to conclusions...

FatBurger

Illustrious
The characters, the "energy" you pick up from dead players, and the fact that you have a team of players you can "upgrade" (the players, as well as the team). Seems really RPG/fantasyish.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Looks to much like Unreal to me. I think UT is a great game, the way it play and everything. I'm affraid their going to screw it up and hurt the game play. There's all ready a ton new boards on the Net plus some new people. I hope I'm wrong and I realize UT is an old game and hard to run on all system well.

Complicated Nit Picker

D33

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
well guys, i believe the fact that you enrich your team and stuff is in sigle player only.. against bots in the actualy UT2 single player mode... i don't think it will be in multiplayer.. and for the fact that you recharge energy from people you kill is cool, the more you kill the more powerfull you become...sounds interesting!
at least it's a change from the "normal" multiplayer you see in other games... that's my opinion..i don't know..
but what i didn't like are the characters really... the alien things and clowny guy you see in the screen shots...
but oh well i think i'm wrong

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Looks wicked.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

FatBurger

Illustrious
well guys, i believe the fact that you enrich your team and stuff is in sigle player only..

Yeah, I know. I still think that's a bit RPGish. It might work very, very well. And it might suck very, very much.

and for the fact that you recharge energy from people you kill is cool, the more you kill the more powerfull you become...sounds interesting!

I wouldn't mind seeing that as an option or a game mode (like Hunters/Team Hunters in Tribes 2), but to be concrete in the game...I don't know.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
can i get some linkage? i cant find it on the digital extremes website anywhere. ill keep looking...

ah, got it

Hard work often pays off in time, but laziness always pays off now.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheAntipop on 01/15/02 05:19 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Towards the bottom. <A HREF="http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/0,10850,6013548,00.html" target="_new">http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/0,10850,6013548,00.html</A>

Complicated Nit Picker

D33

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
well yeah... i don't know really, i have been playing UT since like ever..and a bit of change won't harm anyone,
but oh well let's wait and see if this game will be as good as it's predecessor...
do you know what really made UT such a popular game? i think it's simplicity.. just grab a big honk weapon and go kick some aaaaaassssssss! i really don't know if the bit of "complexity" introduced in UT2 will make it as good....

dhlucke

Polypheme
Best game ever about to get even crazier I hope. I hope they use some of the mods as built in options in UT2.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

D33

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
i personnaly hated all the mods there is now for UT.
i'll prefer the good old UT, standard, well designed and professional.
all new weapons suck, a lot of new maps suck, and a lot of new mods suck...oh well

FatBurger

Illustrious
I saw a mod once that made everyone invincible. The guy who ran the website I saw it on had some funny comments like "Who the hell thought this was a good idea and made it?!? This is the stupidest mod ever!"
Basically, the bots would use up all their ammo shooting at each other, and then go at it with impact hammers. The game would never end.

I think one of the things that made UT popular was the graphics. Still a very good looking game, IMO. But you're right, the simplicity (and fairly well-balanced weapons) was the main thing.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Head shots with the sniper rifle are awesome. There's nothing better than running around with the sniper rifle and getting head shots from 2 feet away. Except one of my friends is REALLY good at that :frown:

Latest posts