[SOLVED] Help! Extremely slow video playback after OSX reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,

I recieved a new Macbook Pro for Christmas, and decided to delete the partition, and then reinstall the OS. I plan on buying a SSD eventually, and wanted to get some experience with the process. Also, I was trying to become a Mac expert overnight following all tutorials on apple's site (including this one).

Everything turned out great, except that video streaming is extremely slow. Apple's tutorial videos take forever to download, and do not start playback by themselves. I watched an HD episode of South Park with no stuttering prior to the reinstall, but now it buffers constantly even on the lowest settings.

What could be the problem?

*Internet, and these sites are not the issue because alll performed fine on my Windows desktop.

Solution
OSX 10.6.x, right?

I'm assuming your desktop is connected via ethernet, have you tried plugging in your new laptop by ethernet to be sure it isn't a wifi related problem?

Of course, double check that the computer isn't running something else in the background (such as other system update downloads/installations that have to do with your reinstall).

Make sure your browser doesn't require any additional updates unique to it.

Download and install Perian ( http://www.perian.org/ ).

And maybe compare video playback between a couple of browsers. I prefer Firefox myself, but I also use Opera and Safari in some situations.

Oh.... and keep your fingers crossed... just in case. ;)

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
OSX 10.6.x, right?

I'm assuming your desktop is connected via ethernet, have you tried plugging in your new laptop by ethernet to be sure it isn't a wifi related problem?

Of course, double check that the computer isn't running something else in the background (such as other system update downloads/installations that have to do with your reinstall).

Make sure your browser doesn't require any additional updates unique to it.

Download and install Perian ( http://www.perian.org/ ).

And maybe compare video playback between a couple of browsers. I prefer Firefox myself, but I also use Opera and Safari in some situations.

Oh.... and keep your fingers crossed... just in case. ;)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS