History

I have Windows XP home edition. I am not sure if I can ask this in here but
if not you can tell me a better place maybe?
My husband has been looking at online adult sites and whilst I don't have a
problem with him doing so, I have to take my computer into a shop to get
some hardware put in and installed. I use the programs Spybot Search and
Destroy and also Ad-Aware. I am still concerned that the shop will see the
sites he has been to and I was hoping someone here may be able to tell me
how to wipe out his tracks. I know that you cant see anything much by just
going into your main files and folders, but I have been told that
professionals can still see things after they have been deleted. Can anyone
give me a clue on this?

_______
Janet.
_______
8 answers Last reply
More about history

    Right-click on your Taskbar and select:
    Properties > Start Menu > Customize > Clear

    Third-party solution:

    System Security Suite (3S) is a program designed to remove internet tracks
    and junk files from your computer. It allows you to delete Cookies,
    clear Internet Explorer Cache, delete index.dat Files, clear Typed URLs,
    Windows Temp Folder and much more.
    http://www.igorshpak.net/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Janet" wrote:

    | I have Windows XP home edition. I am not sure if I can ask this in here but
    | if not you can tell me a better place maybe?
    | My husband has been looking at online adult sites and whilst I don't have a
    | problem with him doing so, I have to take my computer into a shop to get
    | some hardware put in and installed. I use the programs Spybot Search and
    | Destroy and also Ad-Aware. I am still concerned that the shop will see the
    | sites he has been to and I was hoping someone here may be able to tell me
    | how to wipe out his tracks. I know that you cant see anything much by just
    | going into your main files and folders, but I have been told that
    | professionals can still see things after they have been deleted. Can anyone
    | give me a clue on this?
    |
    | _______
    | Janet.

    Ok, so once the sites aren't visible in the drop menus and such, they are
    gone for good? Do the sites leave anything on the computer (besides the
    spyware I have deleted) or if he has deleted anything he has downloaded they
    are all gone for good?

    > Right-click on your Taskbar and select:
    > Properties > Start Menu > Customize > Clear
    >
    > Third-party solution:
    >
    > System Security Suite (3S) is a program designed to remove internet tracks
    > and junk files from your computer. It allows you to delete Cookies,
    > clear Internet Explorer Cache, delete index.dat Files, clear Typed URLs,
    > Windows Temp Folder and much more.
    > http://www.igorshpak.net/
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Janet" wrote:
    >
    > | I have Windows XP home edition. I am not sure if I can ask this in here
    > but
    > | if not you can tell me a better place maybe?
    > | My husband has been looking at online adult sites and whilst I don't
    > have a
    > | problem with him doing so, I have to take my computer into a shop to get
    > | some hardware put in and installed. I use the programs Spybot Search and
    > | Destroy and also Ad-Aware. I am still concerned that the shop will see
    > the
    > | sites he has been to and I was hoping someone here may be able to tell
    > me
    > | how to wipe out his tracks. I know that you cant see anything much by
    > just
    > | going into your main files and folders, but I have been told that
    > | professionals can still see things after they have been deleted. Can
    > anyone
    > | give me a clue on this?
    > |
    > | _______
    > | Janet.

    If you are using IE, right click on IE/Properties and click on Delete Files
    and tick where it says Delete all offline content. Click on Clear History.
    If you use Firefox or something else, post back.

    Alias

    "Curios..." <Bebe1166@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, so once the sites aren't visible in the drop menus and such, they are
    > gone for good? Do the sites leave anything on the computer (besides the
    > spyware I have deleted) or if he has deleted anything he has downloaded
    > they are all gone for good?

    >> Right-click on your Taskbar and select:
    >> Properties > Start Menu > Customize > Clear
    >>
    >> Third-party solution:
    >>
    >> System Security Suite (3S) is a program designed to remove internet
    >> tracks
    >> and junk files from your computer. It allows you to delete Cookies,
    >> clear Internet Explorer Cache, delete index.dat Files, clear Typed URLs,
    >> Windows Temp Folder and much more.
    >> http://www.igorshpak.net/
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carey Frisch
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >> Microsoft Newsgroups

    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

    >> "Janet" wrote:
    >>
    >> | I have Windows XP home edition. I am not sure if I can ask this in here
    >> but
    >> | if not you can tell me a better place maybe?
    >> | My husband has been looking at online adult sites and whilst I don't
    >> have a
    >> | problem with him doing so, I have to take my computer into a shop to
    >> get
    >> | some hardware put in and installed. I use the programs Spybot Search
    >> and
    >> | Destroy and also Ad-Aware. I am still concerned that the shop will see
    >> the
    >> | sites he has been to and I was hoping someone here may be able to tell
    >> me
    >> | how to wipe out his tracks. I know that you cant see anything much by
    >> just
    >> | going into your main files and folders, but I have been told that
    >> | professionals can still see things after they have been deleted. Can
    >> anyone
    >> | give me a clue on this?
    >> |
    >> | _______
    >> | Janet.

    I use IE, and I've completed both tasks you mentioned.
    I hope this means I am safe.

    "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > If you are using IE, right click on IE/Properties and click on Delete
    > Files and tick where it says Delete all offline content. Click on Clear
    > History. If you use Firefox or something else, post back.
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "Curios..." <Bebe1166@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Ok, so once the sites aren't visible in the drop menus and such, they are
    >> gone for good? Do the sites leave anything on the computer (besides the
    >> spyware I have deleted) or if he has deleted anything he has downloaded
    >> they are all gone for good?
    >>
    >> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Right-click on your Taskbar and select:
    >>> Properties > Start Menu > Customize > Clear
    >>>
    >>> Third-party solution:
    >>>
    >>> System Security Suite (3S) is a program designed to remove internet
    >>> tracks
    >>> and junk files from your computer. It allows you to delete Cookies,
    >>> clear Internet Explorer Cache, delete index.dat Files, clear Typed URLs,
    >>> Windows Temp Folder and much more.
    >>> http://www.igorshpak.net/
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Carey Frisch
    >>> Microsoft MVP
    >>> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >>> Microsoft Newsgroups
    >>>
    >>> Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx
    >>>
    >>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    >>> here but
    >>> have a
    >>> get
    >>> and
    >>> the
    >>> me
    >>> just
    >>> anyone

    Sure, and it's doubtful any tech would be interested in viewing where your
    husband has been, although you might want to reboot and then go to your temp
    files at

    C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME for your husband\Local Settings\Temp and
    delete everything in that folder. Be sure to reboot before doing this.

    Alias

    "Curios..." <Bebe1166@hotmail.com> wrote
    >I use IE, and I've completed both tasks you mentioned.
    > I hope this means I am safe.
    >
    > "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    >> If you are using IE, right click on IE/Properties and click on Delete
    >> Files and tick where it says Delete all offline content. Click on Clear
    >> History. If you use Firefox or something else, post back.
    >>
    >> Alias
    >>
    >> "Curios..." <Bebe1166@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Ok, so once the sites aren't visible in the drop menus and such, they
    >>> are gone for good? Do the sites leave anything on the computer (besides
    >>> the spyware I have deleted) or if he has deleted anything he has
    >>> downloaded they are all gone for good?
    >>>
    >>> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message

    Great! Thank you. I will do that before I take it in to the place.
    _______
    Janet

    In news:HIhqe.195$Pj7.6491@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au,
    Curios... <Bebe1166@hotmail.com> had this to say:

    > Great! Thank you. I will do that before I take it in to the place.

    Just in addition...

    May I ask why you'd take your PC into a shop where there are people you
    can't trust to respect your privacy working there? An even better question
    might be, if you're capable of doing all of this to your PC then you have
    the navigational basics down so why pay someone to do something you can
    probably do on your own?

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    Curios... wrote:

    > My husband has been looking at online adult sites and whilst I don't have a
    > problem with him doing so, I have to take my computer into a shop to get
    > some hardware put in and installed. I use the programs Spybot Search and
    > Destroy and also Ad-Aware. I am still concerned that the shop will see the
    > sites he has been to and I was hoping someone here may be able to tell me

    Taking your pc to the techs is like going to the doctor, they've seen it
    all before.

Windows XP