I have Windows XP home edition. I am not sure if I can ask this in here but
if not you can tell me a better place maybe?
My husband has been looking at online adult sites and whilst I don't have a
problem with him doing so, I have to take my computer into a shop to get
some hardware put in and installed. I use the programs Spybot Search and
Destroy and also Ad-Aware. I am still concerned that the shop will see the
sites he has been to and I was hoping someone here may be able to tell me
how to wipe out his tracks. I know that you cant see anything much by just
going into your main files and folders, but I have been told that
professionals can still see things after they have been deleted. Can anyone
give me a clue on this?

_______
Janet.
_______

Right-click on your Taskbar and select:
Properties > Start Menu > Customize > Clear

Third-party solution:

System Security Suite (3S) is a program designed to remove internet tracks
and junk files from your computer. It allows you to delete Cookies,
clear Internet Explorer Cache, delete index.dat Files, clear Typed URLs,
Windows Temp Folder and much more.
http://www.igorshpak.net/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Janet" wrote:

| I have Windows XP home edition. I am not sure if I can ask this in here but
| if not you can tell me a better place maybe?
| My husband has been looking at online adult sites and whilst I don't have a
| problem with him doing so, I have to take my computer into a shop to get
| some hardware put in and installed. I use the programs Spybot Search and
| Destroy and also Ad-Aware. I am still concerned that the shop will see the
| sites he has been to and I was hoping someone here may be able to tell me
| how to wipe out his tracks. I know that you cant see anything much by just
| going into your main files and folders, but I have been told that
| professionals can still see things after they have been deleted. Can anyone
| give me a clue on this?
|
| _______
| Janet.

Ok, so once the sites aren't visible in the drop menus and such, they are
gone for good? Do the sites leave anything on the computer (besides the
spyware I have deleted) or if he has deleted anything he has downloaded they
are all gone for good?

> Right-click on your Taskbar and select:
> Properties > Start Menu > Customize > Clear
>
> Third-party solution:
>
> System Security Suite (3S) is a program designed to remove internet tracks
> and junk files from your computer. It allows you to delete Cookies,
> clear Internet Explorer Cache, delete index.dat Files, clear Typed URLs,
> Windows Temp Folder and much more.
> http://www.igorshpak.net/
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Janet" wrote:
>
> | I have Windows XP home edition. I am not sure if I can ask this in here
> but
> | if not you can tell me a better place maybe?
> | My husband has been looking at online adult sites and whilst I don't
> have a
> | problem with him doing so, I have to take my computer into a shop to get
> | some hardware put in and installed. I use the programs Spybot Search and
> | Destroy and also Ad-Aware. I am still concerned that the shop will see
> the
> | sites he has been to and I was hoping someone here may be able to tell
> me
> | how to wipe out his tracks. I know that you cant see anything much by
> just
> | going into your main files and folders, but I have been told that
> | professionals can still see things after they have been deleted. Can
> anyone
> | give me a clue on this?
> |
> | _______
> | Janet.

Alias

If you are using IE, right click on IE/Properties and click on Delete Files
and tick where it says Delete all offline content. Click on Clear History.
If you use Firefox or something else, post back.

Alias

"Curios..." <Bebe1166@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok, so once the sites aren't visible in the drop menus and such, they are
> gone for good? Do the sites leave anything on the computer (besides the
> spyware I have deleted) or if he has deleted anything he has downloaded
> they are all gone for good?

>> Right-click on your Taskbar and select:
>> Properties > Start Menu > Customize > Clear
>>
>> Third-party solution:
>>
>> System Security Suite (3S) is a program designed to remove internet
>> tracks
>> and junk files from your computer. It allows you to delete Cookies,
>> clear Internet Explorer Cache, delete index.dat Files, clear Typed URLs,
>> Windows Temp Folder and much more.
>> http://www.igorshpak.net/
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>> Microsoft Newsgroups

>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

>> "Janet" wrote:
>>
>> | I have Windows XP home edition. I am not sure if I can ask this in here
>> but
>> | if not you can tell me a better place maybe?
>> | My husband has been looking at online adult sites and whilst I don't
>> have a
>> | problem with him doing so, I have to take my computer into a shop to
>> get
>> | some hardware put in and installed. I use the programs Spybot Search
>> and
>> | Destroy and also Ad-Aware. I am still concerned that the shop will see
>> the
>> | sites he has been to and I was hoping someone here may be able to tell
>> me
>> | how to wipe out his tracks. I know that you cant see anything much by
>> just
>> | going into your main files and folders, but I have been told that
>> | professionals can still see things after they have been deleted. Can
>> anyone
>> | give me a clue on this?
>> |
>> | _______
>> | Janet.

I use IE, and I've completed both tasks you mentioned.
I hope this means I am safe.

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> If you are using IE, right click on IE/Properties and click on Delete
> Files and tick where it says Delete all offline content. Click on Clear
> History. If you use Firefox or something else, post back.
>
> Alias
>
> "Curios..." <Bebe1166@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Ok, so once the sites aren't visible in the drop menus and such, they are
>> gone for good? Do the sites leave anything on the computer (besides the
>> spyware I have deleted) or if he has deleted anything he has downloaded
>> they are all gone for good?
>>
>> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Right-click on your Taskbar and select:
>>> Properties > Start Menu > Customize > Clear
>>>
>>> Third-party solution:
>>>
>>> System Security Suite (3S) is a program designed to remove internet
>>> tracks
>>> and junk files from your computer. It allows you to delete Cookies,
>>> clear Internet Explorer Cache, delete index.dat Files, clear Typed URLs,
>>> Windows Temp Folder and much more.
>>> http://www.igorshpak.net/
>>>
>>> --
>>> Carey Frisch
>>> Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>>> Microsoft Newsgroups
>>>
>>> Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx
>>>
>>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> here but
>>> have a
>>> get
>>> and
>>> the
>>> me
>>> just
>>> anyone

Alias

Sure, and it's doubtful any tech would be interested in viewing where your
husband has been, although you might want to reboot and then go to your temp
files at

C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME for your husband\Local Settings\Temp and
delete everything in that folder. Be sure to reboot before doing this.

Alias

"Curios..." <Bebe1166@hotmail.com> wrote
>I use IE, and I've completed both tasks you mentioned.
> I hope this means I am safe.
>
> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>> If you are using IE, right click on IE/Properties and click on Delete
>> Files and tick where it says Delete all offline content. Click on Clear
>> History. If you use Firefox or something else, post back.
>>
>> Alias
>>
>> "Curios..." <Bebe1166@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Ok, so once the sites aren't visible in the drop menus and such, they
>>> are gone for good? Do the sites leave anything on the computer (besides
>>> the spyware I have deleted) or if he has deleted anything he has
>>> downloaded they are all gone for good?
>>>
>>> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message

Great! Thank you. I will do that before I take it in to the place.
_______
Janet
> Sure, and it's doubtful any tech would be interested in viewing where your
> husband has been, although you might want to reboot and then go to your
> temp files at
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME for your husband\Local Settings\Temp
> and delete everything in that folder. Be sure to reboot before doing this.
>
> Alias
>
> "Curios..." <Bebe1166@hotmail.com> wrote
>>I use IE, and I've completed both tasks you mentioned.
>> I hope this means I am safe.
>>
>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>>> If you are using IE, right click on IE/Properties and click on Delete
>>> Files and tick where it says Delete all offline content. Click on Clear
>>> History. If you use Firefox or something else, post back.
>>>
>>> Alias
>>>
>>> "Curios..." <Bebe1166@hotmail.com> wrote in message

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:HIhqe.195$Pj7.6491@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au,
Curios... <Bebe1166@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> Great! Thank you. I will do that before I take it in to the place.

Just in addition...

May I ask why you'd take your PC into a shop where there are people you
can't trust to respect your privacy working there? An even better question
might be, if you're capable of doing all of this to your PC then you have
the navigational basics down so why pay someone to do something you can
probably do on your own?

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

Curios... wrote:

> My husband has been looking at online adult sites and whilst I don't have a
> problem with him doing so, I have to take my computer into a shop to get
> some hardware put in and installed. I use the programs Spybot Search and
> Destroy and also Ad-Aware. I am still concerned that the shop will see the
> sites he has been to and I was hoping someone here may be able to tell me

Taking your pc to the techs is like going to the doctor, they've seen it
all before.