Sign in with
Your question

Taking actions on unknown bluetooth devices in range...

Last response: in Technologies
January 6, 2012 3:13:43 PM

Hi All,

I am looking for hardware or software based solutions for the following:

As soon as Bluetooth devices that are not whitelisted in advance, actions should be taken. This will assist existing burglar detection systems: as soon as unknown BT devices enter the property, a range of definable actions will be triggered.

This sounds very simple to find, but it is not! All existing solutions provide exactly the opposite functionality: actions are taken as soon as known BT devices are in range (such as open door, shut down PC, etcetera).

Does anybody have a clue how to do this? Or can anybody refer to developers or manufacturers that can help me?

Thanks!

Axel
January 11, 2012 11:44:52 AM

Anybody? I need definitely an answer, because my plan will make me filthy rich so I can buy 5000 cars and grand apartments all over the world.

So please offer me a turnkey solution ASAP!

Thanks!
January 11, 2012 10:05:09 PM

Do you really think every burgler carry a bluetooth device with discovery on when they rob your house?
Related resources
January 12, 2012 10:23:47 AM

Yes they do. In earlier days, burglars were sophisticated 'professionals' who prepared their jobs well. Nowadays, they are stupid youngsters with stupid faces that do stupid things in a stupid way. That includes carrying cellular phones with their blue transponders still on.

Of course it is meant as an extra sensor among many proven others.
January 29, 2012 9:52:38 PM

What about the legitimate visitors that you forget to tell about your high tech system?
!