Sign in with
Your question

Anyone else loving how much the iPhone is getting hacked?

Last response: in General Connectivity
July 24, 2007 4:18:12 PM

Is anyone enjoying this as much as I am?

The iPhone is getting hacked more each day it seems:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070724/ap_on_hi_te/iphone_hack;_ylt=AhoNKrktIwetWQxAOr57GnDMWM0F

The general hacker population finally have a reason to try and hack something Apple (and succeed rather quickly it seems)

I hope to be hearing less from my Apple buddies about how secure Apple is compared to Windows, probably won't happen just yet, but to me this shows (something we've all known all along) that Apple not necessarily more secure, its just that people don't want/care about cracking Apple stuff

thanks for reading

More about : loving iphone hacked

July 24, 2007 6:13:38 PM

Yeah it's not only that, but the hacker tools just aren't worth making for apple.

It's about profit for those professional hackers and mall ware guys, and to them going after the Apple is like trying to spend thousands of dollars to compromise the local credit union's tiny account holder population instead of CitiBank's.

I'd still suggest an Apple to any of my friends/family who aren't computer savy one of the reasons being for security, but it's not because it's much much bettter, it's just because it's less targeted which has the same result. But people being smug about it is just them being naive.
August 4, 2007 1:00:41 AM

I've got to say imo there is no such thing as an unhackable system (but you might have to spend a lifetime trying with some)
August 4, 2007 11:29:15 AM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
Yeah it's not only that, but the hacker tools just aren't worth making for apple.

It's about profit for those professional hackers and mall ware guys, and to them going after the Apple is like trying to spend thousands of dollars to compromise the local credit union's tiny account holder population instead of CitiBank's.

I'd still suggest an Apple to any of my friends/family who aren't computer savy one of the reasons being for security, but it's not because it's much much bettter, it's just because it's less targeted which has the same result. But people being smug about it is just them being naive.

A lot of the hackers don't do it for money, but for fun and notoriety.
August 14, 2007 7:36:56 PM

True. but also, the main tools are created for profit, the script-kiddies who use them look for the fun and noteriety, the serious hackers do it for money, be it for enterprise jobs, or for other nefarious profit generating methods.

Even those looking for notoriety know that there's more in getting 50million people than to attacking a handful of MAC users. It's too late to be the first MAC virus, worm, etc. because they've come and gone, but hacking the iPhone showed that when you have a juicy target then they will go after it, especially when no mainstream media would care about a Motorola VC3 exploit versus iPhone attack.
September 21, 2007 6:31:38 PM

The only reason Apple could claim that they were more secure is because less people use them, so it wasn't worth it for people to hack. If no one bothers, then it's easy to claim. Doesn't mean it's true though (as we've seen).
!