U6: resurrection

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Hello,

A perhaps silly question regarding U6. Can Lord British resurrect
party members, as in U4 and U7? I carried some dead with me to the
palace after a nasty fight at a shrine. I tried typing "resurrect,"
"resu," "revive," "heal," etc., but he didn't offer to revive them. I
tried putting one of the bodies on the carpet in front of LB, but he
still didn't offer to bring them back to life. What's the problem?

(Anyway, if LB has the power to heal, cure and resurrect people, why
are there so many healers and cemeteries in the Ultima games? Doesn't
LB help ordinary people, or just avatars?)

Thanks.

mwalcoff wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A perhaps silly question regarding U6. Can Lord British resurrect
> party members, as in U4 and U7?

No. Find a decent healer instead. I recommend Tiberius, who lives
roughly to the right of the castle. He looks like a fat woman.
You will know his hut by the graves outside of people who couldn't
afford to be resurrected.

Resurrection costs 400 gold coins a pop, and he doesn't really
care what you give him. If you're wealthy and in the mood for
mischief, you can dig up the graves and get him to resurrect
the corpses. For the supremely evil, you can steal the bones
of Zog and he will happily resurrect those too, which can
sometimes give you an extra character with a horses' face.

For more details, look at my website, and look up 'Swift'.

> (Anyway, if LB has the power to heal, cure and resurrect people, why
> are there so many healers and cemeteries in the Ultima games? Doesn't
> LB help ordinary people, or just avatars?)

I have no idea what LB's agenda is. The human healers are only
in it for the money. The
healers can't resurrect people.

A cheaper 'alternative' to resurrection is erasure, which Glen
D'Arc at Empath can provide with immeasurable style.

Now I've said all that, I notice that you're only interested
in resurrecting party members. Casting HELP should suffice ;-)

--
JP Morris - aka DOUG the Eagle (Dragon) -=UDIC=- jpm@it-he.org
Fun things to do with the Ultima games http://www.it-he.org