scanner driver

Hi
I have a Epson 2400 Perfection scanner I am trying to find the driver version, I have been to control
Panel to the files themselves, no version number. does anyone know where Epson hides this info? Sure
would appreciate any help. Printers and faxes nothing, scanners and cameras, nothing.
Thanks .
Daj
8 answers Last reply
More about scanner driver

    Daj wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> I have a Epson 2400 Perfection scanner I am trying to find the
    >> driver version, I have been to control Panel to the files
    >> themselves, no version number. does anyone know where Epson hides
    >> this info? Sure would appreciate any help. Printers and faxes
    >> nothing, scanners and cameras, nothing.
    >> Thanks .
    >> Daj

    Watch the URL wrap:

    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0320101040.1118416120@@@@&BV_EngineID=fadddkflhlgkbfdmcfjgckidnk.0&cookies=no&oid=14587&infoType=Overview

    Here's a tinyurl:

    http://tinyurl.com/9mfca

    Daj

    Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have a Epson 2400 Perfection scanner I am trying to find the driver
    > version, I have been to control Panel to the files themselves, no version
    > number. does anyone know where Epson hides this info? Sure would
    > appreciate any help. Printers and faxes nothing, scanners and cameras,
    > nothing.
    > Thanks .
    > Daj

    Thanks, I found it in device mgr. Just a thought why is printer driver shown in printers and faxes and
    scanner drivers not shown in scanners and cameras? Thanks, now I know where to find it.
    Daj

    > Daj
    >
    > Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message news:%23daay1cbFHA.3844@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    >> Hi
    >> I have a Epson 2400 Perfection scanner I am trying to find the driver version, I have been to
    >> control Panel to the files themselves, no version number. does anyone know where Epson hides this
    >> info? Sure would appreciate any help. Printers and faxes nothing, scanners and cameras, nothing.
    >> Thanks .
    >> Daj

    I tried e-mailing Epson with the questions on this page and never got an answer. couldn't find any
    instructions on this page as to where I could find version number. Thanks for your help.
    Daj

    "Stephen" <stephen@online.nospam> wrote in message news:uqo815cbFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > Daj wrote:
    >>> Hi
    >>> I have a Epson 2400 Perfection scanner I am trying to find the
    >>> driver version, I have been to control Panel to the files
    >>> themselves, no version number. does anyone know where Epson hides
    >>> this info? Sure would appreciate any help. Printers and faxes
    >>> nothing, scanners and cameras, nothing.
    >>> Thanks .
    >>> Daj
    >
    > Watch the URL wrap:
    >
    > http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0320101040.1118416120@@@@&BV_EngineID=fadddkflhlgkbfdmcfjgckidnk.0&cookies=no&oid=14587&infoType=Overview
    >
    > Here's a tinyurl:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/9mfca

    I have another question: to delete the scanner driver I would go to Device manager, Imaging devices,
    and delete the scanner shown. Is this right? I want to install a new driver for the Epson.
    Daj

    "Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message news:%23t2p%23DdbFHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > Thanks, I found it in device mgr. Just a thought why is printer driver shown in printers and faxes
    > and scanner drivers not shown in scanners and cameras? Thanks, now I know where to find it.
    > Daj
    >
    > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> Daj
    >>
    >> Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Hall
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>

    >> "Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message news:%23daay1cbFHA.3844@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    >>> Hi
    >>> I have a Epson 2400 Perfection scanner I am trying to find the driver version, I have been to
    >>> control Panel to the files themselves, no version number. does anyone know where Epson hides this
    >>> info? Sure would appreciate any help. Printers and faxes nothing, scanners and cameras, nothing.
    >>> Thanks .
    >>> Daj

    Daj

    I am surprised that the driver is not shown.. you should have the option to
    update the driver from Device Manager.. failing that, just run the new
    driver installation program..

    To remove the old, just uninstall the device from there too..

    --

    >I have another question: to delete the scanner driver I would go to Device
    >manager, Imaging devices, and delete the scanner shown. Is this right? I
    >want to install a new driver for the Epson.
    > Daj
    >
    > "Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message
    >> Thanks, I found it in device mgr. Just a thought why is printer driver
    >> shown in printers and faxes and scanner drivers not shown in scanners and
    >> cameras? Thanks, now I know where to find it.
    >> Daj
    >>
    >> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >>> Daj
    >>>
    >>> Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Mike Hall
    >>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>>

    >>> "Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message

    I found it in dev. mgr. imaging devices, It showed "Epson 5400 scanner", I R clicked on it and got
    properties, clicked it and then clicked driver tab and it showed the version. If I delete the entry
    "Epson 5400 scanner" will this delete just the driver?
    Daj

    > Daj
    >
    > I am surprised that the driver is not shown.. you should have the option to update the driver from
    > Device Manager.. failing that, just run the new driver installation program..
    >
    > To remove the old, just uninstall the device from there too..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message news:en6BDRdbFHA.1152@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    >>I have another question: to delete the scanner driver I would go to Device manager, Imaging devices,
    >>and delete the scanner shown. Is this right? I want to install a new driver for the Epson.
    >> Daj
    >>
    >> "Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message news:%23t2p%23DdbFHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    >>> Thanks, I found it in device mgr. Just a thought why is printer driver shown in printers and faxes
    >>> and scanner drivers not shown in scanners and cameras? Thanks, now I know where to find it.
    >>> Daj
    >>>
    >>> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

    Daj

    Use the facility provided to update the driver.. you will, of course, have
    to point at the new driver file location..

    --

    >I found it in dev. mgr. imaging devices, It showed "Epson 5400 scanner", I
    >R clicked on it and got properties, clicked it and then clicked driver tab
    >and it showed the version. If I delete the entry "Epson 5400 scanner" will
    >this delete just the driver?
    > Daj
    >
    > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> Daj
    >>
    >> I am surprised that the driver is not shown.. you should have the option
    >> to update the driver from Device Manager.. failing that, just run the new
    >> driver installation program..
    >>
    >> To remove the old, just uninstall the device from there too..
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Hall
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>

    >> "Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message
    >>>I have another question: to delete the scanner driver I would go to
    >>>Device manager, Imaging devices, and delete the scanner shown. Is this
    >>>right? I want to install a new driver for the Epson.
    >>> Daj
    >>>
    >>> "Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message

Epson Scanners Microsoft Windows XP