scanner driver

June 10, 2005 2:02:38 PM

Hi
I have a Epson 2400 Perfection scanner I am trying to find the driver version, I have been to control
Panel to the files themselves, no version number. does anyone know where Epson hides this info? Sure
would appreciate any help. Printers and faxes nothing, scanners and cameras, nothing.
Thanks .
Daj

More about : scanner driver

June 10, 2005 3:09:53 PM

Daj wrote:
>> Hi
>> I have a Epson 2400 Perfection scanner I am trying to find the
>> driver version, I have been to control Panel to the files
>> themselves, no version number. does anyone know where Epson hides
>> this info? Sure would appreciate any help. Printers and faxes
>> nothing, scanners and cameras, nothing.
>> Thanks .
>> Daj

Watch the URL wrap:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...

Here's a tinyurl:

http://tinyurl.com/9mfca
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 3:09:53 PM

Daj

Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have a Epson 2400 Perfection scanner I am trying to find the driver
> version, I have been to control Panel to the files themselves, no version
> number. does anyone know where Epson hides this info? Sure would
> appreciate any help. Printers and faxes nothing, scanners and cameras,
> nothing.
> Thanks .
> Daj

June 10, 2005 3:09:54 PM

Thanks, I found it in device mgr. Just a thought why is printer driver shown in printers and faxes and
scanner drivers not shown in scanners and cameras? Thanks, now I know where to find it.
Daj

news:o ZL7R6cbFHA.796@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Daj
>
> Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message news:%23daay1cbFHA.3844@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Hi
>> I have a Epson 2400 Perfection scanner I am trying to find the driver version, I have been to
>> control Panel to the files themselves, no version number. does anyone know where Epson hides this
>> info? Sure would appreciate any help. Printers and faxes nothing, scanners and cameras, nothing.
>> Thanks .
>> Daj

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 3:09:54 PM

I tried e-mailing Epson with the questions on this page and never got an answer. couldn't find any
instructions on this page as to where I could find version number. Thanks for your help.
Daj

"Stephen" <stephen@online.nospam> wrote in message news:uqo815cbFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Daj wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> I have a Epson 2400 Perfection scanner I am trying to find the
>>> driver version, I have been to control Panel to the files
>>> themselves, no version number. does anyone know where Epson hides
>>> this info? Sure would appreciate any help. Printers and faxes
>>> nothing, scanners and cameras, nothing.
>>> Thanks .
>>> Daj
>
> Watch the URL wrap:
>
> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...
>
> Here's a tinyurl:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9mfca

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 3:09:55 PM

I have another question: to delete the scanner driver I would go to Device manager, Imaging devices,
and delete the scanner shown. Is this right? I want to install a new driver for the Epson.
Daj

"Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message news:%23t2p%23DdbFHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Thanks, I found it in device mgr. Just a thought why is printer driver shown in printers and faxes
> and scanner drivers not shown in scanners and cameras? Thanks, now I know where to find it.
> Daj
>
> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> news:o ZL7R6cbFHA.796@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Daj
>>
>> Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>

>> "Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message news:%23daay1cbFHA.3844@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi
>>> I have a Epson 2400 Perfection scanner I am trying to find the driver version, I have been to
>>> control Panel to the files themselves, no version number. does anyone know where Epson hides this
>>> info? Sure would appreciate any help. Printers and faxes nothing, scanners and cameras, nothing.
>>> Thanks .
>>> Daj

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 5:47:14 PM

Daj

I am surprised that the driver is not shown.. you should have the option to
update the driver from Device Manager.. failing that, just run the new
driver installation program..

To remove the old, just uninstall the device from there too..

--

>I have another question: to delete the scanner driver I would go to Device
>manager, Imaging devices, and delete the scanner shown. Is this right? I
>want to install a new driver for the Epson.
> Daj
>
> "Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks, I found it in device mgr. Just a thought why is printer driver
>> shown in printers and faxes and scanner drivers not shown in scanners and
>> cameras? Thanks, now I know where to find it.
>> Daj
>>
>> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> news:o ZL7R6cbFHA.796@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> Daj
>>>
>>> Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mike Hall
>>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>>

>>> "Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 6:32:21 PM

I found it in dev. mgr. imaging devices, It showed "Epson 5400 scanner", I R clicked on it and got
properties, clicked it and then clicked driver tab and it showed the version. If I delete the entry
"Epson 5400 scanner" will this delete just the driver?
Daj

> Daj
>
> I am surprised that the driver is not shown.. you should have the option to update the driver from
> Device Manager.. failing that, just run the new driver installation program..
>
> To remove the old, just uninstall the device from there too..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message news:en6BDRdbFHA.1152@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>I have another question: to delete the scanner driver I would go to Device manager, Imaging devices,
>>and delete the scanner shown. Is this right? I want to install a new driver for the Epson.
>> Daj
>>
>> "Daj" <help@anytime.com> wrote in message news:%23t2p%23DdbFHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>> Thanks, I found it in device mgr. Just a thought why is printer driver shown in printers and faxes
>>> and scanner drivers not shown in scanners and cameras? Thanks, now I know where to find it.
>>> Daj
>>>
>>> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>> news:o ZL7R6cbFHA.796@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 9:34:32 PM

Daj

Use the facility provided to update the driver.. you will, of course, have
to point at the new driver file location..

--

!