computer registration

I've been trying all week to register my computer, the site is always
unavailable. Is there another way I can register without going online? If so
how?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

countertopx wrote:

> I've been trying all week to register my computer, the site is always
> unavailable. Is there another way I can register without going online? If so
> how?

Registration is optional. Only activation is mandatory.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

In news:78B55A96-A030-4E00-A7E3-D42BC9FF2BE2@microsoft.com,
countertopx <countertopx@yahoo.com> typed:

> I've been trying all week to register my computer, the site is
> always
> unavailable. Is there another way I can register without going
> online? If so how?

If you're truly talking about registering your computer, nobody
here can answer your question, since you haven't even told us
what kind of computer you have.

If, on the other hand, you're talking about registering Windows,
I wouldn't worry about it. Registration is optional, and hardly
worth the trouble.

But if you're talking about *activating* Windows, that's another
matter. Activation is required and if it isn't done within 30
days your computer will stop working except in Safe Mode.

So please clarify exactly what you're asking.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Stephen

countertopx wrote:
>> I've been trying all week to register my computer, the site is always
>> unavailable. Is there another way I can register without going
>> online? If so how?

Did it come with a registration card?

Bobby

Registration is optional, it doesn't have to be done.