Menu Item Expansion

For all applications, a submenu list displaysunder File, Edit, View, etc.
Each of the submenus display a shortened list (frequently used menu items),
with a double-down arrow to expand the list.
Where is the setting which turns this feature off so I can see the entire
menu list all the time?
--
Thanks!

Go to [any MS-menu standardized application, such as
Word]>Tools>Customize>Options and select show full menus.