Music app for T3?

August 8, 2004 11:11:06 AM

Realplayer keeps crashing my PC so I have uninstalled it from my PC though
its still on the Palm. Could someone recommend a freeware or low cost app
that will let me xfer files from PC to SD card whilst its in the Palm, and
play?
TIA
--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

More about : music app

Anonymous
August 8, 2004 4:10:21 PM

"Tumbleweed" <tumbleweednews@mysockshotmail.com> wrote in message
> Realplayer keeps crashing my PC so I have uninstalled it from my PC though
> its still on the Palm. Could someone recommend a freeware or low cost app
> that will let me xfer files from PC to SD card whilst its in the Palm, and
> play?
> TIA
> --
> Tumbleweed
>
> Remove my socks for email address

I think most would agree that the two best (some would say, "only") choices
in this area would be Pocket Tunes (http://www.pocket-tunes.com) and
AeroPlayer (http://www.aerodrome.us). Neither are free, both are great apps
though I prefer Pocket Tunes myself.

Carmine Castiglia
Dress your T3 with 24K Gold or just replace a missing screw -
http://www.infosystemspro.com/pdaparts.htm
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 6:40:32 PM

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 07:11:06 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
<tumbleweednews@mysockshotmail.com> was understood to have stated the
following:

>Realplayer keeps crashing my PC so I have uninstalled it from my PC though
>its still on the Palm. Could someone recommend a freeware or low cost app
>that will let me xfer files from PC to SD card whilst its in the Palm, and
>play?
>TIA

Since RealPlayer only crashes the PC, why not use Explorer to copy
files from Windows to your SD card? Works like a charm here.
August 8, 2004 7:04:19 PM

In article <NKoRc.41620$zc4.15086966@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
Carmine Castiglia <URL:mailto:ccastiglia@infosystemspro.com> wrote:

> Carmine Castiglia
> Dress your T3 with 24K Gold or just replace a missing screw -
> http://www.infosystemspro.com/pdaparts.htm

Carmine, your sig has no delimiter. You should have the string
"--(Space)" before your sig, otherwise it's still part of the body
text.

Hope that helps, and thanks for your useful contributions.

** Would you like to learn to post effectively? **
** http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post **
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 10:50:42 PM

I know the "-- " is in common use -- some mail packages automatically
generate it. You will notice my use of "-- " in a sentence. This too
have become standard practice among writers. I'm hoping that the "-- "
before signatures is a visual cue and shouldn't interfere with my use as
punctuation.

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 15:04:19 +0100, Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)
<me8@privacy.net> wrote:

> In article <NKoRc.41620$zc4.15086966@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
> Carmine Castiglia <URL:mailto:ccastiglia@infosystemspro.com> wrote:
>
>> Carmine Castiglia
>> Dress your T3 with 24K Gold or just replace a missing screw -
>> http://www.infosystemspro.com/pdaparts.htm
>
> Carmine, your sig has no delimiter. You should have the string
> "--(Space)" before your sig, otherwise it's still part of the body
> text.
>
> Hope that helps, and thanks for your useful contributions.

--
_____________
Thank a veteran

George Fragos <fragos@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I know the "-- " is in common use -- some mail packages automatically
> generate it. You will notice my use of "-- " in a sentence. This too
> have become standard practice among writers. I'm hoping that the "--
> " before signatures is a visual cue and shouldn't interfere with my
> use as punctuation.

The signature separator isn't "-- ", but "^-- $", where the ^ means start of
line and $ means end of line. So neither of these should trigger a
signature check (if they do, the program is ill-written):

--
-- signature

But this one should:

--
*Art
Anonymous

Thank you very much. That is what I assumed but unverified assumptions
are a dangerious thing -- particularly to an old software engineer.

--
_____________
Thank a veteran

Carmine Castiglia wrote:

> I think most would agree that the two best (some would say, "only") choices
> in this area would be Pocket Tunes (http://www.pocket-tunes.com) and
> AeroPlayer (http://www.aerodrome.us). Neither are free, both are great apps
> though I prefer Pocket Tunes myself.

I second the recommendation for PocketTunes. I think it's one of the
best apps for the Palm. Let me add that the Windows Media Player
integration is really great. You can easily rip your CDs to WMA format
(only supported in the Deluxe version of PocketTunes) and copy the files
to the Palm via direct USB connection(which basically works as fast as
using an SD reader). I'm not much of a WMP fan (I use Winamp on the
desktop) but this particular functionality does work very well.

Regards
-Laurens
Anonymous
August 9, 2004 12:26:40 PM

In article <cf75mu$7rg$1@reader10.wxs.nl>, Laurens <spam@block.com> wrote:

> Carmine Castiglia wrote:
>
> > I think most would agree that the two best (some would say, "only") choices
> > in this area would be Pocket Tunes (http://www.pocket-tunes.com) and
> > AeroPlayer (http://www.aerodrome.us). Neither are free, both are great apps
> > though I prefer Pocket Tunes myself.
>
> I second the recommendation for PocketTunes.

A third for PocketTunes.
Anonymous
August 9, 2004 12:50:36 PM

"David W. Poole, Jr."
<LauraBushMurderedHerBoyfriendIsATroll.20.dwpj65@spamgourmet.com> wrote in
message news:nqsch05i5ceh4huk47rgfaef2huktmsc41@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 07:11:06 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
> <tumbleweednews@mysockshotmail.com> was understood to have stated the
> following:
>
> >Realplayer keeps crashing my PC so I have uninstalled it from my PC
though
> >its still on the Palm. Could someone recommend a freeware or low cost
app
> >that will let me xfer files from PC to SD card whilst its in the Palm,
and
> >play?
> >TIA
>
> Since RealPlayer only crashes the PC, why not use Explorer to copy
> files from Windows to your SD card? Works like a charm here.

Cheers, just tried it and it worked fine, I didnt realise that RealOne on
the palm would play mp3 format. Its only for the odd tune or two since I'll
be buying an mp3 player soon.
--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address
Anonymous
August 9, 2004 4:24:16 PM

Guy Bannis wrote:

> In article <cf75mu$7rg$1@reader10.wxs.nl>, Laurens <spam@block.com> wrote:
>

>>Carmine Castiglia wrote:
>>

>>>I think most would agree that the two best (some would say, "only") choices
>>>in this area would be Pocket Tunes (http://www.pocket-tunes.com) and
>>>AeroPlayer (http://www.aerodrome.us). Neither are free, both are great apps
>>>though I prefer Pocket Tunes myself.
>>
>>I second the recommendation for PocketTunes.
>

> A third for PocketTunes.

I think that both can play OGG (PT definitively can) and that's a GREAT
feature, since OGG is much smaller for the same quality IMHO, at least
when you listen to it with your headphones...
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 5:22:01 AM

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 08:50:36 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
<tumbleweednews@mysockshotmail.com> was understood to have stated the
following:

>Cheers, just tried it and it worked fine, I didnt realise that RealOne on
>the palm would play mp3 format. Its only for the odd tune or two since I'll
>be buying an mp3 player soon.

I'm a strong subscriber to the beliefs that if it ain't broke, don't
fix it, and why pay for something that comes free? :-) That being
said, I'm thinking of picking up a MP3 player as well, especially one
that handles SD cards. I'd like to find someone who has one so I can
discuss some things with them before I make the purchase, though. In
the mean time, I'm content with my T|3 pumping audio through the iRock
FM transmitter into my car's stereo. :-D
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 12:11:45 PM

> I'm a strong subscriber to the beliefs that if it ain't broke, don't
> fix it, and why pay for something that comes free? :-) That being
> said, I'm thinking of picking up a MP3 player as well, especially one
> that handles SD cards. I'd like to find someone who has one so I can
> discuss some things with them before I make the purchase, though. In
> the mean time, I'm content with my T|3 pumping audio through the iRock
> FM transmitter into my car's stereo. :-D

Which begs the question - why haven't the aftermarket car stero
manufacturers (Sony, JVC, etc) produced a device with an SD Card slot on it
yet? Seems to me that this would be a natural; I've got the contents of
some 16 CD's on a single 512MB SD Card (as MP3's) and it would sure be a lot
easier to plug that into my car stereo than to have a bunch of CDs in the
car.

With this post, dated 4:03AM EST on 10-August-2004, I claim all rights
available under United States laws and regulations in regards to the idea of
including an SD Card slot, or any other format "memory card slot" in audio
player devices intended for use in automobiles or other vehicles and/or
desktop or other configurations (home stereo media centers, etc).

:)

Carmine Castiglia
InfosystemsPro.com
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 12:11:46 PM

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:11:45 +0000, Carmine Castiglia wrote:

> With this post, dated 4:03AM EST on 10-August-2004, I claim all rights
> available under United States laws and regulations in regards to the
> idea [...] :)

The smiley must be my clue that you realize that the rights you can claim
with a Usenet post are nil. ;)

The idea may well be patentable, but that sure ain't the way to do it ;)

> Carmine Castiglia
> InfosystemsPro.com

Please make sure to use the proper signature delimiter to enhance the
readability of your posts. See below for an example:

--
Lenroc
Anonymous

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:11:45 GMT, "Carmine Castiglia"
<ccastiglia@infosystemspro.com> was understood to have stated the
following:

>Which begs the question - why haven't the aftermarket car stero
>manufacturers (Sony, JVC, etc) produced a device with an SD Card slot on it
>yet? Seems to me that this would be a natural; I've got the contents of
>some 16 CD's on a single 512MB SD Card (as MP3's) and it would sure be a lot
>easier to plug that into my car stereo than to have a bunch of CDs in the
>car.

Really. Given how much Panasonic is behind the SD, I'd think they
would have an in-dash that would play them back. They'll probably be
the first (and perhaps only) with SD possibilities. However, in
devices that are fairly fixed (home entertainment centers, car units,
boom boxes) I don't mind using CDRW or DVD-RW for storage. For the
time being, I'm limping by on a T|3 hooked to an FM transmitter. At
least this way I can play my MP3s amplified by anything with a
receiver. Frankly, I think I would tend to leave a card in the car
stereo, and given I encode with high bit rates, the selection would
probably get stale fairly quickly. At least by keeping the card in the
PDA, the contents of a very large play list can be carved up and
played in pieces on the PDA; I'm near a PC at least eight hours a day.
:-D

>With this post, dated 4:03AM EST on 10-August-2004, I claim all rights
>available under United States laws and regulations in regards to the idea of
>including an SD Card slot, or any other format "memory card slot" in audio
>player devices intended for use in automobiles or other vehicles and/or
>desktop or other configurations (home stereo media centers, etc).
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 2:40:07 PM

"Lenroc" <lenroc@NOSPAMFORYOU.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.08.10.08.23.40.859000@NOSPAMFORYOU.hotmail.com...
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:11:45 +0000, Carmine Castiglia wrote:
>
> > With this post, dated 4:03AM EST on 10-August-2004, I claim all rights
> > available under United States laws and regulations in regards to the
> > idea [...] :)
>
> The smiley must be my clue that you realize that the rights you can claim
> with a Usenet post are nil. ;)
>
> The idea may well be patentable, but that sure ain't the way to do it ;)

Of course. However, often the most important step in a patent battle is to
prove who had (and documented) the idea fiirst. I have read of cases where
scribblings on a paper napkin have been used successfully to prove priority
in patent cases so long as the napkin was dated and supported by persons
present at the time it was scribbled.

I figure that with that newsgroup posting already migrating around the world
and making it's way into long-term storage via Google and other archives, I
stand a good chance of proving prior intent. Who knows, now that you have
responded to this thread, you may one day be asked to testify in a patent
trial! Just remember, my post was dated August 10, 2004 and that is the
real, honest-to-goodness date that you first read it and responded to it.

I'll speak with my attorneys on this matter later today. :)

Carmine Castiglia
InfosystemsPro.com
!