Tags:
  • System32
  • Windows XP
June 10, 2005 3:06:58 PM

I need help with this message that keeps popping up and driving me crazy!!

It says:

The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM 32\ipvi32.dll is not a
valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation
diskette.

I have tried to delete this file from my Windows System 32 and it won't stay
deleted.
I have run Norton Anti-Virus and it doesn't show up there. I subscribed to a
registry cleaner service and it couldn't get rid of it. I am studying to be
a medical
transcriptionist and find it very distracting as it pops up every few
seconds.

Anyone know what to do?

judijudijudi5483@bellsouth.net

More about : msgj exe bad image

June 10, 2005 3:06:59 PM

judijudijudi5483@bellsouth.net wrote:
> I need help with this message that keeps popping up and driving me crazy!!
>
> It says:
>
> The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM 32\ipvi32.dll is not a
> valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation
> diskette.
>
> I have tried to delete this file from my Windows System 32 and it won't stay
> deleted.
> I have run Norton Anti-Virus and it doesn't show up there. I subscribed to a
> registry cleaner service and it couldn't get rid of it. I am studying to be
> a medical
> transcriptionist and find it very distracting as it pops up every few
> seconds.
>
> Anyone know what to do?
>

> judijudijudi5483@bellsouth.net

For viruses, start with Trend Micro’s Sysclean and McAfee’s Stinger.
Download them and the Sysclean signature file. Delete the temporary
internet files, turn off system restore, boot into safe mode and run
them. Boot back into normal mode and run a full AV scan with your
normal AV program. Then turn system restore back on.

Trend Micro Sysclean

Trend Micro Signature File

McAfee AVert Stinger Virus Removal Tool
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

Run these programs to check for spyware/malware. After installing
update them, then boot into safe mode and run them. You should update
and run them weekly.

Cwshredder
http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_downloa...

Ad-aware SE
http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Spybot Search and Destroy
http://www.safer-networking.org

Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner
http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10247783.html

Pest Patrol Free Pest Scanner
http://store.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry25?page=FindOutW...

If you’re still having problems after running these then run HijackThis
and post the log to one of the specialty forums, _NOT_ this one.

HijackThis

Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

After your system is clean use these programs to help keep it clean:

Spywareblaster
www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

Spywareguard
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sgdownload.html