Savage Empire - Unanswered Questions

Last response: in Video Games
July 15, 2004 12:36:31 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

This was posted on Prodigy by someone else over ten years ago.

*****

I finished the game, and now I have a few questions. I went through the game
pretty quick--1 month and 27 days of game time, a couple of days real time.
Perhaps those of you who took more time to explore can help me out with my
questions.

1) Did anyone ever find a use for the key in Rafkin's lab?

2) In one of the tribes, I forget which, I found a drop sink. What is this for?

3) What information did the Wisp want in this game and what did he have to
trade?

4) In Fritz's cave, what was the purpose of the chamber behind the boulder? I
had a feeling that the Myrmidex would surface here if you waited long enough,
but does anyone know if I'm right?

5) What person was the Chief of the Yolaru supposed to be? I recognize the
face.

6) In the hidden city what were the three boxes for?

7) Did any of you manage to ride any of the beasts like Dardan. I rode a turtle
once.

8) Did any one ever find out what happened to the Shaman of Barako?

9) Did any of you ever get to talk to Nakolo, the only one Nawl of the Barrab
tribe was afraid of?

10) Was anyone able to find out about the trouble that Aiela and Sahree got
into or was this like the story Iolo had about Dupre.

11) And finally, did any one find out about the transportation plate in the
cluster that did not work?

*****

Does anyone have answers to these long unanswered questions?

http://users.erols.com/kennrice
Civil War Round Table of DC & Concentration Camp made of LEGO bricks
http://members.tripod.com/~kennrice
Maps of Ultima 7 Parts 1 & 2, Prophecy of the Shadow, Savage Empire,
Crusaders of Dark Savant & Others.
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 9:47:35 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

With a deafening roar and a whoosh of spray, Ken Rice swings about and
addresses the awaiting newsgroup...

> This was posted on Prodigy by someone else over ten years ago.

> 3) What information did the Wisp want in this game and what did he
> have to trade?

The wisp doesn't seem to be interested in trading. No conversation option
for it.

> 4) In Fritz's cave, what was the purpose of the chamber behind the
> boulder? I had a feeling that the Myrmidex would surface here if you
> waited long enough, but does anyone know if I'm right?

I cheated to get in. I suppose you could try grenades on the boulder too.
The place is empty, aside from a crystal garden.

> 9) Did any of you ever get to talk to Nakolo, the only one Nawl of the
> Barrab tribe was afraid of?

She doesn't have an entry in the speech file, so my guess is that the
character never existed to meet.

> 10) Was anyone able to find out about the trouble that Aiela and
> Sahree got into or was this like the story Iolo had about Dupre.

It seems to be like Dupre's story. It's not in Aiela or Sahree's speech.

> 11) And finally, did any one find out about the transportation plate
> in the cluster that did not work?

IIRC, that used to lead to a ruined village area, where you meet Segallion,
mining for diamonds. A solution I found calls it the Old Pindiro village,
but I don't recall an ingame reference to it.

--
Paulon Dragon d++ e++ N T+ Om+ UK!1!2!3!4!5!6!7!'!S!'!8!9!A!L!M!W!
-==(UDIC)==- u++ uC++ uF uG+ uLB- uA+ nC+ nR nH+ nP+ nI nPT nS++ nT+ y

Danger Will Robinson! One of your nodes is about to fall off!
Ultima VII endgame.exe file
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 1:33:09 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

no@email.ads (Ken Rice) wrote in

> This was posted on Prodigy by someone else over ten years ago.
> 1) Did anyone ever find a use for the key in Rafkin's lab?

If I'm remembering correctly, the key isn't even "Use"able.

> 2) In one of the tribes, I forget which, I found a drop sink. What is
> this for?

Washing your hair? :)

> 3) What information did the Wisp want in this game and what did he
> have to trade?

There is no information, but then again that isn't the point. The Wisp
gives you a lot of rather important information that you don't get
anywhere else in the game. (for instance, the fact that Eodon is on
Earth, and that the giant hunk of blackrock that the Myrmidex queen stole
is behind it all)

> 5) What person was the Chief of the Yolaru supposed to be? I recognize
> the face.

Moe from the Three Stooges. His sidekick is Larry, and the guy who builds
the giant drum (who left their tribe) is Curly. Which explains why he
keeps whacking you with that mallet when he talks to you.

> 7) Did any of you manage to ride any of the beasts like Dardan. I rode
> a turtle once.

I'm fairly certain the only thing you can ride is the turtle. In fact if
you followed the Toparu quest all the way to the end, you should've
gained turtle food to lure them out. That's how you get around the T-Rex
that's guarding the village that Aiela's being held captive in.
Turtles can also be found as random creature, and can be ridden without
feeding them.

> 11) And finally, did any one find out about the transportation plate
> in the cluster that did not work?

It's no longer operative, but it would have transported you to an
abandonded village where you'll find another rifle, a bunch of bullets,
diamonds, and Segallion. Yes, Segallion. He doesn't recognize you,
though.
You can get their by hacking down a tree to cross a ravine. It's a mesa
in the north, the only one on the map that doesn't have anything
associated with it. Just outside of the old village you can find the non-
operative teleport tile.

-==Kensu==-
!