Can I see older msgs?

June 9, 2005 5:56:18 PM

Hi,

Can I see thoes messages before 6/8/05?

Thanks.

More about : older msgs

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 4:11:18 PM

Sure, either look at the group with a Newsreader and account on msnews
server, or Google.groups

§Chrissi§ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can I see thoes messages before 6/8/05?
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 6:41:17 PM

Tools>Options>Read>Get XX headers at a time

You may set this option as high as 1,000 (or disable it). Right-click on
the newsgroup in Folders pane>Synchronization Settings> select New Messages
Only. Now every time you open the newsgroup (or hit F5), you will download
the next-newest set of headers/messages.

When you feel you've downloaded enough headers/messages, again right-click
on the newsgroup in Folders pane and select Catch Up Now. This will Mark as
Read all messages on the server, including ones you've not yet downloaded.
Now return to "Get XXX headers at a time" and uncheck the option completely;
then compact the folder.

From now on, OE will only download headers/messages posted to the server
since you last checked (polled) for messages.
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

§Chrissi§ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I see thoes messages before 6/8/05?
>
> Thanks.
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 7:32:01 AM

§Chrissi§ wrote:

> Can I see thoes messages before 6/8/05?

If your ISP doesnt carry them you'll have to use something like
groups.google.com to view them.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/
!