How to slip office into a xp image on a DVD...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.deployment.desktop,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

I Have to create this image also on RIS Or Norton Or ....Whatever works
best?

If anyone could point me in the right direction, thank you

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.deployment.desktop,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

You can not slipstream Office into the XP install CD.

However, once you install XP and all your application, including Office, you
can create a "Recovery CD" which will be able to the your PC back to the
configuration that you just have finished setting up. Take a look at Norton
Ghost.

> You can not slipstream Office into the XP install CD.

Actually you can add Office and any other programs you would like to
your XP CD/DVD to install automatically when XP logs in the very first
time after a fresh installation of XP..

http://unattended.msfn.org/intermediate/apps/office/office2003_advanced.htm

http://unattended.msfn.org/intermediate/methods/runonceex.htm

--
William

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.deployment.desktop,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Thanks, where i worked there was a developer that had a image on RIS and
UNattend with install scripts that would add the office apps ....but..It was
a long time ago..far far away

Thanks, Brian

> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote in message
>>> You can not slipstream Office into the XP install CD.
>>>

>> Actually you can add Office and any other programs you would like to
>> your XP CD/DVD to install automatically when XP logs in the very
>> first time after a fresh installation of XP..
>>
>> http://unattended.msfn.org/intermediate/apps/office/office2003_advanced.htm
>>
>> http://unattended.msfn.org/intermediate/methods/runonceex.htm
>>
> Thanks, where i worked there was a developer that had a image on RIS
> and UNattend with install scripts that would add the office apps
> ....but..It was a long time ago..far far away

You're welcome.

--
William

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.deployment.desktop,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

What you can do is that you add the installation folder for office to your
cd.
In the unattended.txt you set up a commandline to install office

brhartin wrote:
> Thanks, where i worked there was a developer that had a image on RIS
> and UNattend with install scripts that would add the office apps
> ....but..It was a long time ago..far far away

Then the answer was pretty much up your alley..
Keep these pages in your list for quick and maintainable/reliable
installations:

http://unattended.sourceforge.net/
http://unattended.msfn.org/
http://www.gc.peachnet.edu/www/wbeck/W2KXP.htm#Master
http://www.appdeploy.com/packages/

There are others.. but those should get anyone going. =)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.deployment.desktop,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Thank you so much,