OPENING PDF FILES

I have Windows XP SP2 Tablet Edition 2005, also Zone Labs Suite (firewall and
AV) and CounterSpy. I use Adobe Reader 7. I recently installed Adobe
Elements 3.0

I have tried searching for a solution on this site, but need more details.

Lately I cannot open PDF files on an IE page, or soemtimes even an Outlook
attachment in PDF - I get cannot dispay or similar message. The only way to
get round this is to right-click the file or attachment, then Save Target As
and put the file into another folder. I then go into Windows Explore to the
target folder and open the PDF file with Reader 7, no problem

Another post said dowload the IE plugin for Reader, but I cannot find this
on the Adobe sites. One other post recommended never opening PDF files in IE
or Outlook ever!

Anyone have the URL for the Reader IE Plug In?

Thanks,

Kibo Kid

CD

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

In Adobe go to Edit...Preferences and select Internet on the left. Uncheck
Display PDF in browser.

"Kibo Kid" wrote:

> I have Windows XP SP2 Tablet Edition 2005, also Zone Labs Suite (firewall and
> AV) and CounterSpy. I use Adobe Reader 7. I recently installed Adobe
> Elements 3.0
>
> I have tried searching for a solution on this site, but need more details.
>
> Lately I cannot open PDF files on an IE page, or soemtimes even an Outlook
> attachment in PDF - I get cannot dispay or similar message. The only way to
> get round this is to right-click the file or attachment, then Save Target As
> and put the file into another folder. I then go into Windows Explore to the
> target folder and open the PDF file with Reader 7, no problem
>
> Another post said dowload the IE plugin for Reader, but I cannot find this
> on the Adobe sites. One other post recommended never opening PDF files in IE
> or Outlook ever!
>
> Anyone have the URL for the Reader IE Plug In?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kibo Kid

Stephen

Kibo Kid wrote:
>> I have Windows XP SP2 Tablet Edition 2005, also Zone Labs Suite
>> (firewall and AV) and CounterSpy. I use Adobe Reader 7. I recently
>> installed Adobe Elements 3.0
>>
>> I have tried searching for a solution on this site, but need more
>> details.
>>
>> Lately I cannot open PDF files on an IE page, or soemtimes even an
>> Outlook attachment in PDF - I get cannot dispay or similar message.
>> The only way to get round this is to right-click the file or
>> attachment, then Save Target As and put the file into another
>> folder. I then go into Windows Explore to the target folder and
>> open the PDF file with Reader 7, no problem
>>
>> Another post said dowload the IE plugin for Reader, but I cannot
>> find this on the Adobe sites. One other post recommended never
>> opening PDF files in IE or Outlook ever!
>>
>> Anyone have the URL for the Reader IE Plug In?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Kibo Kid

How is it configured inAdobe Reader? It has setting for display in IE.

TRENDING THREADS