Sign in with
Your question

Crysis as seen from the Toshiba Satellite and GF8700M GT

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
July 24, 2007 5:44:17 AM

Quick little run-down of gameplay in Crysis, but unlike the usual uber-SLi desktop setup with a Quad Core and supper fast RAM and HDD, here' s a view from the New Toshiba Sattelite X205 running with the GF8700M GT (they don't mention if it's the 256MB or 512MB model;

http://www.dignews.com/preview.php?story_id=24171

"Running on a high-powered Toshiba Satellite notebook packing a brand new DirectX 10-capable nVidia GeForce 8700M GT card, it can only be said that Crysis looked no less than stunning. The top shelf graphics accelerator had no issue churning out the visuals and handling the game's physics; amazingly enough, all from a notebook."

Based on the pics like this though;

I'd say the game was run with no AA, and like at either 800x600 (trimming the HUD) or 1024x768 with some cropping.

Still look pretty sweet if this action shot is in game from the Toshiba;

A seems like low depth of field, with some haze in the sky to compensate, but overall pretty good looking and promising.

Who knows Crysis may be completely different than the the DX10 ports we've seen sofar and the mid-range may just be playable with some DX10 features enabled even if on lower settings than the big boys.
a b D Laptop
July 24, 2007 5:49:08 AM

Nice pickup. I definitely think that some eye candy was turned down. Nice to see that it can run on the current laptops though. It will be interesting to see what happens when NV finally releases the 8800 for laptops (if they ever do it). November was the last date I remember hearing (though it was a while ago). Game looks nice though.
July 24, 2007 6:07:26 AM

lostandwandering said:
Nice pickup. I definitely think that some eye candy was turned down. Nice to see that it can run on the current laptops though.

Yeah glad to see 2/3 of my concerns are covered with Oblivion and Crysis, now just UT3 left to see on such a platform (even with reduced texture quality would be fine for fraggable frames). It's nice to see Crysis look something similar to those early screenshots from the GF8800s, even if looking like a smaller version.

Quote:
It will be interesting to see what happens when NV finally releases the 8800 for laptops (if they ever do it). November was the last date I remember hearing (though it was a while ago). Game looks nice though.

Yeah, EA's website say Fall 2007, and many sites have late September as their Due date, but EB Games changed their pre-order date from Sept to Nov, so who knows when it will finally ship and whether we'll see that rumoured oddity of a GF8800M by then or not.

Personally the GF8600MGT/Mobile HD2600/GF8700M are my target ranges, so these results are good news.
!