last know good configuration

If you boot with the last known good conif this will cause the system to
reload the registry settings that were used to boot the system the last time
it booted successfully. But if you install multiple applications since the
last known good boot then if something happens where you need to use the last
known good conif will all of those apps that got installed be messed up since
you will be reloading the registry with the registry from the last time you
booted successfully?

"sthompson" <sthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you boot with the last known good conif this will cause the system to
> reload the registry settings that were used to boot the system the last
time
> it booted successfully. But if you install multiple applications since the
> last known good boot then if something happens where you need to use the
last
> known good conif will all of those apps that got installed be messed up
since
> you will be reloading the registry with the registry from the last time
you
> booted successfully?

I've never had any problems with programs I've installed prior to a
LKGC.

Depends on the program.

"sthompson" <sthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42D0BC19-0898-4516-BA0B-384D46472247@microsoft.com...
> If you boot with the last known good conif this will cause the system to
> reload the registry settings that were used to boot the system the last time
> it booted successfully. But if you install multiple applications since the
> last known good boot then if something happens where you need to use the last
> known good conif will all of those apps that got installed be messed up since
> you will be reloading the registry with the registry from the last time you
> booted successfully?

AV programs will have trouble.