Santa Cruz - No sound for center channel

shatteredx

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2003
I recently hooked up a set of 5.1 speakers to my Santa Cruz. My problem is that when I play games with EAX turned on, there's no sound coming from the center channel. In games like Max Payne 2 and Call of Duty, I can't hear gunshots that I have fired myself and some cutscene dialog. I read on Activision's website that there are issues with some sound cards not being able to produce center channel sound in 5.1 mode, but I'm curious as to what my options are concerning this.

In the Santa Cruz control panel do you have the speaker selection configured properly and the Virtual 5.1 activated?

<b><font color=red>HAPPY</font color=red><font color=blue>NEW</font color=blue><font color=orange>YEAR</font color=orange></b>

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Seen this before with Santa Cruz cards before with the 5.1 config. Typically it would be the center channel that would tank out. If you have checks the setting that it is at 5.1 mode and resintalled the drivers then its a compatibility issue. When they make their games, they really focus on the mainstream hardware, in this case sound blasters.

I tried using the turtle beach card on call of duty and nothing but hell with 5.1 speakers. The Audigy 2zx seems to be the only card that works flawlessly with it. Also what kind of speakers are you using?

Barton 2500+ @ 2200mhz (10x220 vcore @ 1.775)
Asus A7N8X Dlx 440 FSB
1gb Geil GD pc3500 Dual Channel (2-3-3-6)
Segata 80gb SATA 8.5ms seek
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro(420/700)