I have the following configuration on an assembled computer:

PHENOM II X4 + GIGABYTE GA 88 GMA UD 2H
Seagate HDD 500GB Sata
DDR-3 CORSAIR x2
HD 6850
BENQ 2220 HD
COOLER MASTER CABINET
COOLER MASTER SMPS 500W

Issue is that computer freezes when I browse the internet. With Chrome it freezes immediately and Firefox a little later. On Explorer I can only work with one tab. As soonas I open more tabs it freezes the entire computer freezes. Have tried System Restore, Registry cleaner, defrag, anti virus scans Mbam scans etc but nothing works.

I had shifted the computer to a warmer room and stupidly laced the chassis next to an battery inverter which emits heat Freezes used to be a rare occurence with 1-2 times a week - yes it used to be there before. Opening many tabs as I wanted in chrome, firefox or explorer was never a problem.\

I have the problem is only with internet browsing - playing videos, music, work on excel, ppt etc is no problem.

I can't figure out whether it is a hard drive problem or something else. I remembered that I had changed the room earlier and the problem started so I have put it down.

More about : freezing issue

August 6, 2012 8:03:48 AM

I have Windows 7 64-bit
August 6, 2012 12:36:38 PM

What Catalyst drivers are you on?

Anything overclocked?
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 6, 2012 1:46:13 PM

Try running a memory test program such as memtest86 for at least three passes. You may have memory problems.
August 6, 2012 5:26:11 PM

Seems to have abated now. I checked for windows updates and installed them. Also disabled AVG from Chrome extensions - seems to work.

Some Windows updates don't seem to get installed(tried many times) and give an error number. However I checked for one of the error numbers and I can't seem to find it. What does one do with such uninstallable updates? Or should I just let it be because I read on the MS help site that this does happen and it may be due to ...gave some reasons which indicates that it may be an issue on their site(busy site etc)
!