Where can I get UltimeSeries from?

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Hi, that's my very first to Usenet groups, so I'm kind of excited. ;)

I'm here to ask you where can I download the games.

I've played UltimaOnline, and I want to know what came first.

Thanks!!
--

Victor Henrique,
Mechanical Eng. Student,

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they
were to success when they gave up."
Thomas A. Edison

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Greetings.

In article <2q9h88Ft5hjvU1@uni-berlin.de>, Victor Henrique wrote:
> Hi, that's my very first to Usenet groups, so I'm kind of excited. ;)

Welcome to Usenet. :)

> I'm here to ask you where can I download the games.

Ultima IV was more or less freely released on the Internet by Origin a few
years ago. If you do a Google search it should be easy to find someone
offering it for download.

As for the other games in the series, technically they are still under
copyright and haven't been licenced for free download. You may be able to
find used copies of the original distributions via eBay.

> I've played UltimaOnline, and I want to know what came first.

First came Akalabeth, though if you're expecting it to be anything like
Ultima Online in terms of gameplay and graphics, you may be disappointed.
That's not to say the earlier Ultimas aren't worth playing, though.

Regards,
Tristan

--
_

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002
Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Quoth Tristan Miller <psychonaut@nothingisreal.com>:
[munch]
>> I've played UltimaOnline, and I want to know what came first.
>
>First came Akalabeth, though if you're expecting it to be anything like
>Ultima Online in terms of gameplay and graphics, you may be disappointed.

For "may", read "will". >:)

>That's not to say the earlier Ultimas aren't worth playing, though.

Some find the pre-U7 interfaces a bit clunky -- and the pre-U5 games
particularly look their age, but there's plenty of gameplay in there.

FWIW, U4 is only legitimately downloadable as a particular archive, from
an Ultima Dragon's website. Those were the conditions under which EA
granted the distribution -- but there are still plenty of sites that
meet them. :)
\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\\\/////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a28
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Hello!

Tristan Miller wrote:
>>Hi, that's my very first to Usenet groups, so I'm kind of excited. ;)
> Welcome to Usenet. :)
Thank you! :D

>>I've played UltimaOnline, and I want to know what came first.
>
> First came Akalabeth, though if you're expecting it to be anything like
> Ultima Online in terms of gameplay and graphics, you may be disappointed.
> That's not to say the earlier Ultimas aren't worth playing, though.

I know that the game is very different from UltimaOnline, but as a play
RPG, not only UltimaOnline, I think that would be a great experience to
play this old computer RPG games.

But so I'm going to try to find this Ultima IV.

My Best Regards,

--

Samurai <Samurai@his.reply-to.address> skrev i meddelelsen

> FWIW, U4 is only legitimately downloadable as a particular archive,
> from an Ultima Dragon's website. Those were the conditions under
> which EA granted the distribution -- but there are still plenty of
> sites that meet them. :)

I have it for DL from my site, including walkthru and a few updates:

http://www.phyton.dk/ultima/index.htm

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

Victor Henrique <vhpr@terra.com.br> skrev i meddelelsen

> But so I'm going to try to find this Ultima IV.

If you're lucky, you can get The Ultima Collection on ebay or from a
cheapo-bin somewhere.