Blue Screen Boot Up

I removed some software using a third party uninstaller. Next time I
started up the system, Windows would not boot. The error message
said that it could not find C:\windows\system32\config\SYSTEM.
Having recently run a system maintenance utility, I had a SYSTEM.bak
in the config folder, so I deleted the bad SYSTEM file and renamed
the .bak file to SYSTEM. Now, I can boot into Safe mode, but I still
get a BLUE SCREEN when booting into Normal mode.

Any suggestions to get Windows to boot normally, without losing my
registry settings? I have over 70 programs installed... it would
take weeks to redo everything.

Experienced help appreciated!

FE

This message also posted in m.p.xp.hel&support
1 answer Last reply
More about blue screen boot

    The MS KB Article calls for replacing all five Registry Hives to fix that
    problem. Have you seen this
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307545

    "Fat Elvis" <Elvis@Lives.not> wrote in message
    >I removed some software using a third party uninstaller. Next time I
    > started up the system, Windows would not boot. The error message
    > said that it could not find C:\windows\system32\config\SYSTEM.
    > Having recently run a system maintenance utility, I had a SYSTEM.bak
    > in the config folder, so I deleted the bad SYSTEM file and renamed
    > the .bak file to SYSTEM. Now, I can boot into Safe mode, but I still
    > get a BLUE SCREEN when booting into Normal mode.
    >
    > Any suggestions to get Windows to boot normally, without losing my
    > registry settings? I have over 70 programs installed... it would
    > take weeks to redo everything.
    >
    > Experienced help appreciated!
    >

    > FE
    >

    > This message also posted in m.p.xp.hel&support

Blue Screen Boot Configuration Windows XP