Blue Screen Boot Up

June 10, 2005 11:22:39 PM

I removed some software using a third party uninstaller. Next time I
started up the system, Windows would not boot. The error message
said that it could not find C:\windows\system32\config\SYSTEM.
Having recently run a system maintenance utility, I had a SYSTEM.bak
in the config folder, so I deleted the bad SYSTEM file and renamed
the .bak file to SYSTEM. Now, I can boot into Safe mode, but I still
get a BLUE SCREEN when booting into Normal mode.

Any suggestions to get Windows to boot normally, without losing my
registry settings? I have over 70 programs installed... it would
take weeks to redo everything.

Experienced help appreciated!

FE

This message also posted in m.p.xp.hel&support

More about : blue screen boot

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 1:01:09 AM

The MS KB Article calls for replacing all five Registry Hives to fix that
problem. Have you seen this
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307545

!