darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
Hey guys,

I just picked up these awsome 5.1 speakers. I have not set up yet but I was wondering how good they will be on Nforce2 soundstorm 5.1 or do I really need to upgrade to a audigy2 or whatever to take advantage of these things.

Thanks

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
Though I don't own one and can't speak from experience, from what I've read the NForce2's onboard 5.1 sound is actually pretty high quality. Not as good as an Audigy 2, but better than, say a Soundblaster Live! 5.1 for example. I would plug it in and see for yourself. If you aren't happy with it you can always add a sound card later.

He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it, hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart. -C.S. Lewis

Oracle

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2002
I actually have those speakers hooked up to a nForce2 MCP-T chip. The sound is great. Though these speakers offer only an analog connection, they sound really good. I played KotOR and Call of Duty, and played some MP3s so far with them and I can say that I'm far from disappointed :smile:
Note: Make sure you have the latest nForce2 audio drivers.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Oracle on 05/03/04 02:30 PM.</EM></FONT></P>