Anyone heard of zii stemcell computing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast2furious

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Hi there, have any of you heard of zii-stemcell computing? Apparently it is next-big-thing that creative is going to launch during CES, you can visit the site here: http://www.zii.com/ Does anyone of you have any idea what stemcell computing is? I have never heard of such a term ... oh and i'm new here! Thanks for all the replies in advance :)

2fast2furious

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008

Heys, according to this thread: http://www.epizenter.net/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?202287.0 ... the zii is a "powerful chip, more flexible than 3dlabs one, X-fi and graphics, video (basically whatever technology they have amassed over the years) all in." sounds good to me ... but it won't affect me if they dun implement it in their own products ...

uncle_ben

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2005
Well, if someone else implements it - it is probably even better for them. Large scale hardware production and no fuss with front end software - every hardware company would love that...

Creative are known for very good hardware and have some 20 years experience in developing and designing circuits - both Emu and 3DLabs are Creative companies.

As for stemcell computing that sounds cool no idea what that means.

2fast2furious

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Hey, here's more infor:

Everything you know is about to change.

Drawing our inspiration from the intelligence of Mother Nature – who through over a billion years of evolution has designed the basic building block of life: the stem cell – we have created a stem cell-like silicon that is able to grow and multiply into different solutions and ecosystems.

With an investment that spans over 10 years, over a billion dollars and over 10,000 man-years, the world is poised to experience a breakthrough that will better lives beyond our imagination.

Even in the midst of these turbulent times, you will discover incredible recession-friendly business opportunities that enable you to thrive and prosper.

To find out more about Zii and how it can change your life, visit our booth (booth #30651) at CES 2009, or go to Zii.com from 8 January 2009 for updates.

I Can't wait!!!

Sounds like some sort of quantum chip. I saw that on creative's site a while ago, and that's the only thing that came to my mind.

But couldn't they have given it a cooler name than the zii?

2fast2furious

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Well, apparently the Zii stands for ZEN ll as in ZEN 2nd Gen. which is pretty cool i think. Creative really needs something to differentiate its ZEN players. Having a chip with such high processing power in its player could make its next generation of ZEN stand out from the crowd. What do you guys look for in PMP now? or is everyone an ipod lover here?

Status
Not open for further replies.