Screen Frozen with Strange Artefacts

Eli the Angry

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
Something is making my computer freeze it seems completely random whilst playing skyrim whilst watching youtube, whilst doing nothing at all even before I can start to do something after turning my computer on.

Here's a picture of what happens. http://i.imgur.com/hY34b.jpg

My specs are something like this,

MSI MOBO

4.2GHZ 3700k Intel Quad Core

16GB RAM

MSI GTX 560 TI TWIN FROZR II (NON OC EDITION)

x2 1TB Seagate HDD

27" Monitor Connected by mini hdmi slot on my Graphics card.

Quick Edit: I am relatively sure it isn't my GPU but it might be It's just I have done driver sweeps run stress tests safe booted driver sweep and all that and installed it without 3D drivers and whatnot.

Quick Edit: Nothing is showing up in the Event Viewer just Kernel-Power shut down unexpectedly.

Quick Edit: Turned the Sound Quality Down to 44100Hz in Windows Sound and Realtek HD Audio Manager I think this may have fixed it.

Quick Edit: Seems fine now... It's strange because the nvlddmkm.sys was failing and bsoding before? Could a audio problem cause a graphics driver to fail? Some expert help would be appreciated I only know what I've googled haha :I

Quick Edit: Nvidia kernel started to fail and respond? making black screens whenever I stopped stress testing my GPU so I turned on prefer maximum performance in the nvidia control panel and that has stopped.