recently i have control of volume on my laptop, even with media control
buttuns but it doesnt diplay the volume going up and down on screen anymore
like it used to??

Automatic Updates enabled? Recently install an audio driver update from
Windows Update?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

jon mercantile wrote:
> recently i have control of volume on my laptop, even with media control
> buttuns but it doesnt diplay the volume going up and down on screen
> anymore like it used to??

Stephen

jon mercantile wrote:
>> recently i have control of volume on my laptop, even with media
>> control buttuns but it doesnt diplay the volume going up and down on
>> screen anymore like it used to??

If Control Panel in Category view:

Start > Control Panel > Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices > Sounds and Audio
Devices > check the "Place volume icon in the taskbar" checkbox

If Control Panel in Classic View:

Start > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > check the "Place volume
icon in the taskbar" checkbox

Hi,

This kind of on-screen display is usually provided by some laptop-specific software. Consult the
manual that came with your laptop or install the specific program from the support CDs that you
received with your laptop.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User