CD ripping problems

mkhadafi

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2003
I'm running a Leadtek K7NCR18D-PRO motherboard with DVD-16X BDV316C DVD drive as the secondary master and a HP CD-Writer+ 9100 as the secondary slave. I just recently upgraded to this setup. I am not able to rip CDs with this new setup. My previous setup was with a different motherboard and only the HP CD-Writer+ 9100 as the secondary master and I could rip with no problems. Now everytime I attempt to rip CDs under this new setup I get read errors when using MusicMatch and/or empty MP3 files when using CDEX. Why would this be? I've noticed the drives on are only being seen as ATA33. Is this correct? Would reformatting and installing windows be a good idea? Would that even help? I'm stumped and really want to know how to fix this problem since I just recently got an IPod and have no use for it without the ability to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joel Leibow

Would reformatting and installing windows be a good idea?

When you did your upgrades, did you reformat and reinstall the OP/SYS at that point, if the answer is no, then the answer to your question is Yes!!!

<b><font color=red>HAPPY</font color=red><font color=blue>NEW</font color=blue><font color=orange>YEAR</font color=orange></b>

mkhadafi

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2003
Yes, I did reformat before. I went ahead and did reformat again and it made no difference. However I did notice that Win2K is installing both my drives as SCSI drives even though they are IDE. Do you have any idea why this may be?