XP2: Display Resolution went BAD!! Help.

Yesterday I upgraded from XP sp1 to XP sp 2.
Everything works OK, except my display resolution has got worse!
(Letters on web pages are fuzzy or washed out. Same on Powerpoint)
I installed the newest driver for the Intel adapter, but still the
resolution remains poor.

Q: How do I restore the sharp display resolution I had when running XP
sp 1?

Running on a TOSHIBA Tecra 1A notebook. (i486)

Many, many thanks.
Milton.
millvall@hotmail.com

DRIVER INFO:
Driver version (from control panel/Display) is:
Microsoft, 6/6/2001, Version: 5.1.2001.0
(Seems old!! Do I need a newer driver??)
Toshiba Internal 1024/768 panel.

--
kwh101Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
1 answer Last reply

    The Toshiba hardware must be made up with intel graphics chip set
    i take it.1st,go to intel,downloads,chipset software,download and install the
    chipset installation utility,this was updates within last month,then locate
    the
    drivers for youre graphic chipset,download and install.I believe that
    thiers a
    application accelerator for notebooks also,download and install.

    "kwh101" wrote:

    > Yesterday I upgraded from XP sp1 to XP sp 2.
    > Everything works OK, except my display resolution has got worse!
    > (Letters on web pages are fuzzy or washed out. Same on Powerpoint)
    > I installed the newest driver for the Intel adapter, but still the
    > resolution remains poor.
    >
    > Q: How do I restore the sharp display resolution I had when running XP
    > sp 1?
    >
    > Running on a TOSHIBA Tecra 1A notebook. (i486)
    >
    > Many, many thanks.
    > Milton.
    > millvall@hotmail.com
    >

    > DRIVER INFO:
    > Driver version (from control panel/Display) is:
    > Microsoft, 6/6/2001, Version: 5.1.2001.0
    > (Seems old!! Do I need a newer driver??)
    > Toshiba Internal 1024/768 panel.
    >

    > --
    > kwh101Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Resolution Windows XP Displays