Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Can any body help me with a resource to get the town maps for Ultima V -
VIII? I am also looking for the Dungeon maps. I have done some myself but it
is taking a LOOONG time. Any help appreciated.

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

In article <cninor$jem$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net>, johndoe@morgue.com says...

>Can any body help me with a resource to get the town maps for Ultima V -
>VIII? I am also looking for the Dungeon maps. I have done some myself but it
>is taking a LOOONG time. Any help appreciated.

I have the Ultima 7 maps on my web page below. Here are some other web sites
with maps:

Ultima 5:
http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~lendl/ultima/ultima5/
http://www.cling.gu.se/~cl3polof/u5map.html

Ultima 6:
http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~lendl/ultima/ultima6/

Ultima 7:
http://members.tripod.com/~kennrice
http://wiz0u.free.fr/u7wizard/

Ultima 8:
http://www.owo.com/archive/ftp/maps/u8/

Scans of all original cloth maps:
http://www.dengler.net/xedragon/hrump/index.htm

Lots of maps here:
http://www.owo.com/archive/ftp/maps/

I would like to find some better maps of Ultima 8. So far i have not seen
anything beyond what I listed above.

http://users.erols.com/kennrice
Civil War Round Table of DC & Concentration Camp made of LEGO bricks
http://members.tripod.com/~kennrice
Maps of Ultima 7 Parts 1 & 2, Prophecy of the Shadow, Savage Empire,
Crusaders of Dark Savant & Others.

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

In article <cnogi4$49i$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net>, dj_basz@hotmail.com says...

>Thanks guys.

>Now I'm looking for the manuals to Ultima VII & VIII. I know these games are
>old, but why are there so many abandoned pages?

I suspect some of the abandoned pages may be pages put up by students who have
since graduated, thus losing the web space. Others may have changed ISPs. And
sometimes the entity hosting the web pages ceases to exist, such as xoom.com.

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 23:40:48 GMT, no@email.ads (Ken Rice) wrote:

>In article <cnogi4$49i$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net>, dj_basz@hotmail.com says...
>
>>Thanks guys.
>
>>Now I'm looking for the manuals to Ultima VII & VIII. I know these games are
>>old, but why are there so many abandoned pages?
>
>I suspect some of the abandoned pages may be pages put up by students who have
>since graduated, thus losing the web space. Others may have changed ISPs. And
>sometimes the entity hosting the web pages ceases to exist, such as xoom.com.

These games are a decade old or so. The web isn't forever.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

This am aware of. But the games are still fun.