Windows Picture and Fax Viewer

June 10, 2005 8:23:02 PM

When I right click on my pics and choose properties there are three
tabs general,OCR Settings and summary. Also in the window it names the
type of file and the option to open with. If I choose Microsoft Photo
Editor it names the type of file as Jpeg which is correct. If I change to
open with
Windows picture and fax viewer it renames it to OmniPage Image File.
What I can't understand is why OCR settings are even listed here, OCR,
OmniPage is for documents not images.
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 8:25:01 PM

"ERK" wrote:

> When I right click on my pics and choose properties there are three
> tabs general,OCR Settings and summary. Also in the window it names the
> type of file and the option to open with. If I choose Microsoft Photo
> Editor it names the type of file as Jpeg which is correct. If I change to
> open with
> Windows picture and fax viewer it renames it to OmniPage Image File.
> What I can't understand is why OCR settings are even listed here, OCR,
> OmniPage is for documents not images.
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 8:51:02 PM

"ERK" wrote:

> When I right click on my pics and choose properties there are three
> tabs general,OCR Settings and summary. Also in the window it names the
> type of file and the option to open with. If I choose Microsoft Photo
> Editor it names the type of file as Jpeg which is correct. If I change to
> open with
> Windows picture and fax viewer it renames it to OmniPage Image File.
> What I can't understand is why OCR settings are even listed here, OCR,
> OmniPage is for documents not images.
Since I haven't rec'd a reply for this I will provide more info which may be
helpful. The problem occured after I installed software for a CanonScan 4200F
scanner. I first tried to un-install and re-install the software, this did
not fix the problem so I contacted Canon. They said the problem is a Windows
issue. It seems that my system has OmniPage set as a default application for
Windows picture and fax viewer and my system needs to have it (files saves as
JPEG, TIF, etc.) assigned correctly. I do remember trying to change some
scanner settings when my anti-virus scanner was running. Did something get
mixed up in the registry? There must be a way to change this back to the
default settings.
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 3:30:26 PM

The replies were posted the morning after your posting.

!