ARRGH please help!

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Had Ultima ix when it first came out but "lost" it. Finally got my hands on
another copy last month.... it crashes etc etc I downloaded the patches
etc and I am as far as almost finished the Moonglow area but now I am
unable to load up my game. I have tried everything I can think of. It
tries to load the last game saved of course and for some reason it starts
to load, I hear the music for about a second but it all crashes and the
screen stays black. No way am I starting again. When I originally had the
game a few years ago I got way past where I am now, frustrating to start
all over again. Can anyone help?

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 09:41:35 -0500, "Christine27" <hel27au@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Had Ultima ix when it first came out but "lost" it. Finally got my hands on
>another copy last month.... it crashes etc etc I downloaded the patches
>etc and I am as far as almost finished the Moonglow area but now I am
>unable to load up my game. I have tried everything I can think of. It
>tries to load the last game saved of course and for some reason it starts
>to load, I hear the music for about a second but it all crashes and the
>screen stays black. No way am I starting again. When I originally had the
>game a few years ago I got way past where I am now, frustrating to start
>all over again. Can anyone help?

U9 stores the last saved game and loads it automatically when you restart
the game. If you delete that file, then you can manually reload whichever
saved game you want allowing you to turn down the settings and proceed,
hopefully. I forget what the filename for that default save game you need
to delete but it's fairly obvious.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Thanks for the help Poly, I tried that already a few times and I saw that
hint on the website after. It loads the start sequence and i just go get
the journal and then load another game but it doesn't like doing that
either. Shows an error of some sort as soon as I try to move. It had been
so long since I had the game I forgot that I had the dragon edition all
that time ago, when I got this copy I have now I had forgotten all about
the original having all those bugs etc. I will have to try getting my
hands on the dragon edition or the update disk they sent out to registered
users all that time ago if anyone still has one. cheers and thanx again :)
I'll keep trying!

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:51:16 -0500, "Christine27" <hel27au@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Thanks for the help Poly, I tried that already a few times and I saw that
>hint on the website after. It loads the start sequence and i just go get
>the journal and then load another game but it doesn't like doing that
>either. Shows an error of some sort as soon as I try to move. It had been
>so long since I had the game I forgot that I had the dragon edition all
>that time ago, when I got this copy I have now I had forgotten all about
>the original having all those bugs etc. I will have to try getting my
>hands on the dragon edition or the update disk they sent out to registered
>users all that time ago if anyone still has one. cheers and thanx again :)
>I'll keep trying!

If you want patch 1.18f or the highly recommended unofficial patch 1.19
you can get them from http://reconstruction.voyd.net/

The updated version the Origin sent out (more updated that the Dragon
edition) was just updated to include the 1.18f patch so if you apply that
you'd have the same result.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Thanks! I tried downloading the 1.18 patch off a different site but it just
doesn't seem to be my week lol. I will try the site you mentioned and
thanks again!!
cheers :)