Audigy/Audigy 2 Compatibility.

frailimbnursry

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2002
Unfortunately due to a recent incident most of my computer was rendered useless. Since then, I've replaced everything from the HDD's, to the CPU, to the Video Card.

I have yet to shell out the cash for the Soundcard because I have onboard sound and I don't really need one at the moment. I've been looking at the Audigy 2's (I had the original Audigy platinum) and seen they are out of my price range. I then noticed that one of them without the front i/o rack is about $80-$90. I still have my old one, even though I don't know if the rack is still working. My question is, would it be possible to use the old rack (if it works) with the new Audigy 2? Looking at images it looks t have all the right connections, but are they compatible?

Thank you for all your help.
Happy Holidays.

kTaz

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2004
I have sort of same problem. I have a SB Live drive does anyone know whether the AUDIGY 2 ZS will plug into it? i heard that is working just fine with an Audigy 1.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

jclw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There seem to be multiple discussions going on about this in this forum.

No it will not. The pinouts on the Audigy 2 are completely different then the Live! & Audigy 1.

Creative has not yet published the pinouts for the Audigy 2 cards, and so far no one has been able to figure it out.

There are threads at driverheaven.net & <A HREF="http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=268106" target="_new">overclockers.com</A> working on this.

*Dual PIII-800 @900 i440BX and Tualeron 1.2 @1.74 i815*