26 hours to go

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Hello,

my thesis goes off to printing in 26 hours. Lets make the most of
those hours left, eh? :>

Too bad that there wont be any new "staying awake" record this time,
but then on the other hand, I dont really miss that.

Claus

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:53:45 +0100, Claus Dragon
<claus@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>my thesis goes off to printing in 26 hours. Lets make the most of
>those hours left, eh? :>
>
>Too bad that there wont be any new "staying awake" record this time,
>but then on the other hand, I dont really miss that.
>
>Claus

Congratulations. Do you have to defend it to a bunch of people who won't
even read it?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series,rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

Words to the wise, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>Congratulations. Do you have to defend it to a bunch of people who won't
>even read it?

Nah, its not a PhD, just my masters thesis. But one of the supervisors
obviously does not have a clue about what I am doing and the other one
is probably too knowledgeable in this field to be able to understand
the difficulties.

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

> Congratulations. Do you have to defend it to a bunch of people who won't
> even read it?

"Autoreferate" (or how is it called) is always read by them nevertheless.

--
Max

Words to the wise, "Moscow Dragon" <maxim__s@mtu-net.ru> wrote:

>> Congratulations. Do you have to defend it to a bunch of people who won't
>> even read it?
>
>"Autoreferate" (or how is it called) is always read by them nevertheless.

Abstract?

Hoi Moscow, still alive and well?

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

> >"Autoreferate" (or how is it called) is always read by them nevertheless.
>
> Abstract?
>
> Hoi Moscow, still alive and well?

Yes, a PhD now, but still playing Ultima 7 just now :) stuck near Minoc :)

--
Max

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Words to the wise, "Moscow Dragon" <maxim__s@mtu-net.ru> wrote:

>> >"Autoreferate" (or how is it called) is always read by them nevertheless.
>>
>> Abstract?
>>
>> Hoi Moscow, still alive and well?
>
>Yes, a PhD now, but still playing Ultima 7 just now :) stuck near Minoc :)

congratulations. What was your research interest?

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

> congratulations. What was your research interest?

Document management and workflow :)

But this was the long-ago past. For now it is system-level development for
Windows, starting moving to FreeBSD slightly, still dislike Linux :)

--
Max