Full Recycle Bin asks if I want to Delte 'windows'?

Peculiar. I noticed I had the recycle bin showing it had contents. I opened
it. It showed nothing. I then reset the full empty icon. Reset them to
default in desktop settings of display. This didn't work. Why is it trying
to delete windows which isn't really in there. This just happened. How do I
fix this oddity. Can't figure out how I would try to delete windows in the
first place. The windows folder is still in the root directory. So why is
it in the the trash can? Is this some weird virus or worm?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I had the same thing happen today. I closed the window and it did not
reappear.

"Rural Guy" wrote:

> Peculiar. I noticed I had the recycle bin showing it had contents. I opened
> it. It showed nothing. I then reset the full empty icon. Reset them to
> default in desktop settings of display. This didn't work. Why is it trying
> to delete windows which isn't really in there. This just happened. How do I
> fix this oddity. Can't figure out how I would try to delete windows in the
> first place. The windows folder is still in the root directory. So why is
> it in the the trash can? Is this some weird virus or worm?

I took a gamble deleted under original theme. It worked. Hopefully. I
haven't rebooted yet. Still have the windows in c:\

"john" wrote:

> I had the same thing happen today. I closed the window and it did not
> reappear.
>

> "Rural Guy" wrote:
>
> > Peculiar. I noticed I had the recycle bin showing it had contents. I opened
> > it. It showed nothing. I then reset the full empty icon. Reset them to
> > default in desktop settings of display. This didn't work. Why is it trying
> > to delete windows which isn't really in there. This just happened. How do I
> > fix this oddity. Can't figure out how I would try to delete windows in the
> > first place. The windows folder is still in the root directory. So why is
> > it in the the trash can? Is this some weird virus or worm?

Rural you got this thing all in a shambles. This Recycle Bin issue is very
old as old as Windows is and we are talking what 15 yrs now. The Recycler
folder is your Recycle Bin. You see it on the desktop but it is also a
folder called Recycler. Now that Recycler folder holds another (at least
one) folder with a long sequence of numbers. But it doesn't stop there.
That folder (which looks like your Recycle Bin on the desktop) also holds
another folder. That is something like dm2. You can investigate this using
the cmd prompt and attrib.

But we want to fix the issue. So your Recycle Bin shows it conatins
something but when you look there is nothing there. You also can Empty a
Empty Recycle Bin (go figure). Yup it's broke. How fix? Well make a small
txt file on your desktop and put some characters in it so that it doesn't
have size 0KB. Then send that off to the Recycle Bin. Now Empty it. A few
times of doing that it will go Empty as seen by the icon.

Why we are talking about a Windows folder has me worried but Emptying a
Recycle Bin is NOT got to delete Windows. Ever seen the snake swallowing
it's tail? It isn't going to swallow it entirely now is it?

--
George Hester